Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coco is almost 7 months old. She lost a tooth yesterday, a big canine one, and several others are loose. I know they lose puppy teeth and the vet will be taking out the rest on Monday when she gets spayed. I have been noticing her bottom lip has lots of saliva, with little bitty bubbles in it, on the outside kind of in her chin hair. I am wondering if this is from her teething, like a human baby? She licks a lot and chews all her toys and bones. I assume all this is because she is teething and because she is a puppy. I was just curious.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Neither of my girls have done this either. The only time Kizzie has ever drooled and I can only think of once, was when we were at the park and she was jumping in and out of the river and just like going nuts LOL It was very hot that day and she was attacking her leash and then going back into the river. I have no clue why she was drooling maybe the heat....other wise never. Hopefully somebody else can help with this one!!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The ONLY time I have seen Brody drool was when we introduced him to my sister's new puppy. It was on her lap and he was on the floor stretched up as far as he could go to smell the puppy and he was so excited I think he forgot to swallow. He was slobbering really. It was quite embarrassing! He was acting so dumb! Finally he got a proper sniff and then he was fine. Silly boy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco does drool...the first time we noticed was at a dog gathering and he was a bit out of sorts with all the new dogs. He will also drool if he wants some nummy foodable or snack.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd ask at the vet, chi's generally don't drool. there are however exceptions to every rule. But most of the time drooling is a sign of having ate something off. it may be nothing but i'd ask the vet about it def.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi buster has never drooled that ive seen hes 6 month i think hes teething has slowed down considerably you said yours is still teething do you know how long this goes on when is it totally a full mouth of permanant teeth? thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definately going to ask when I take her in tomorrow. Today I noticed it was right after she was drinking,I think she may just be gettinng water in her little chin hairs.
As far as teeth being all the way in I'm not sure. Mine all got pulled with their spay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts