Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed bella has been going pee pee a lot more often. Especially when she is allowed freedom of the house. She will pee every few minutes in different spots on the carpet like she is marking. Do you think she is marking or do only boys do that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Could she be coming into heat???

I have a female who thinks shes male....she'll lift her leg to pee...i think it has to do with the fact she was the only female in a litter of five!....Too much male hormones in the womb! :wink:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You may want to take her to the vet to rule out a UTI. Sometimes when they start peeing more frequently and drinking more it's a sign of a infection. But, I do think that girls mark because when I take Sadie for a walk sometimes she pees maybe 5 or 6 times and sometimes only a drop comes out!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZimaBadBaby said:
Could she be coming into heat???
I have a female who thinks shes male....she'll lift her leg to pee...i think it has to do with the fact she was the only female in a litter of five!....Too much male hormones in the womb! :wink:
she is only 12 weeks so she couldnt be coming into heat yet

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ilovesadie said:
You may want to take her to the vet to rule out a UTI. Sometimes when they start peeing more frequently and drinking more it's a sign of a infection. But, I do think that girls mark because when I take Sadie for a walk sometimes she pees maybe 5 or 6 times and sometimes only a drop comes out!

ok she has an appointment to get a vaccine on wednesday so i will ask then... how do they test for it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havent noticed it really but i did fill up her water bowl more than once today which is unusual... how would i get a urine sample from her?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
yes females do mark. Lady follows the males around and has to go right on top of where they went. However, yours seems to young to pick that up. I could be wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts