Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in Nebraska and it does get rather cold here. I keep my house warm and I want to know, do I need to get sweaters for my longhair baby girl? I never did for our older Chi (long hair) but maybe I was wrong?

And also, she's the color of a border collie (white on black, mostly black). What colors would look good on her?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: Do longhaired Chi's need coats in winter? What color 4

Bijou said:
Hi,

I live in Nebraska and it does get rather cold here. I keep my house warm and I want to know, do I need to get sweaters for my longhair baby girl? I never did for our older Chi (long hair) but maybe I was wrong?

And also, she's the color of a border collie (white on black, mostly black). What colors would look good on her?
I'd get her a heavy sweater, at least. Although she's long-haired, it gets pretty cold in Nebraska!
I'd get something that's light colored so you can see her better at night. I keep telling Cooper I'm going to sew reflective strips to his tail so I can find him when I let him out after dark! LOL

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i got chiwi soem sweaters and a coat for winter. i look at it like this, some days i feel like i want to be wearing 4 coats! so if i'm that cold imagine how they feel...

and for a black and white. i looove them in red, turquoise and plum purple... but all chi's look great ina nything they wear!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I was also thinking turquoise!! And she has just enough of a white "collar" to make her visible in the dark :lol: .

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yep, mine are long coat and they wear coats in the winter. When it gets really cold, they wear jammies and a coat so their back legs are covered too!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: Red is my favorite color on my Stinky...also pink on a girl would look great...the recent color that surprised me because also looks really good is bright yellow. :wink: His coat is not a full coat so he wears sweaters. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Fizzy Dave looks good in anything! I wish I had that "problem". LOL

If Cooper would wake up, I'd slap my favorite sweater on him and take a photo but I can't shake that little guy out of his kennel this morning. Did he and Fizzy go out last night or something? :lol:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
yeah even with long hair its still fine and a single coat meaning theyll get cold just like any other, true mabe the airconditioner wouldnt be too cold but for winter temps in northern norht america id definatly say a sweater or a coat while outside once the temps drop. if it feels a little chilly for you, then likelyhood is its a little chilly for your chi.

besides what better excuse to get some cute sweaters and coats. vixie has her 'eskimo' jacket for the deep winter when its snowy and were going out, then fleece sweaters for cooler days and late fall and lighter sweaters for the chilly early fall.

wiht black and white, red ALWAYS looks awsome.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
foxywench said:
besides what better excuse to get some cute sweaters and coats.
Yeah. That's the REAL reason you all dress your longhaired Chi's! :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking turquoise (my favorite) and red. Not sure about the yellow :shock: :lol: . Can't wait to start shopping for my baby. I need to wait until she grows more because she's pretty small right now it's too hard to predict what size she will be come winter time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts