Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering becouse Nemo wont poop on his pad anymore Ive had him over a month now with no troubles now just out of the blue he wants to do it in the floor. If I catch him I tell him no stearnly and it doesnt seem to help at all. On a good note though Ive let him run more free this wekend around the house cause hes using a pee pad in another room and doing well. well other than last night when he peed on my blanket.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have heard that some dogs will go through a rebellious stage and test their owners. Just keep being consistent and let him know that his behavior won't fly! Good luck!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I really do believe a dog will test the limits it can go with you. My dogs were all potty trained, and all three of them decided they were going to start messing in the house anyway. After grounding them to their crates again (started the crate training all over again) they quickly started to behave. Only Kylie has gone as far as to bite me once when I went to pick her up to put her in her crate after she messed in the house. Needless to say she doesnt try to do that anymore (no i didnt beat her, i just pinned her down on her back and then kept her in the crate most of the day (besides potty/water breaks)

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is a great book on this topic called Games Dogs Play by Stephen Baker. It's out of print now, but a lot of libraries have it and you can get it at Half.com, I'd bet, for a good price.

He's a vet and he talks about all the little things dogs do with and to their humans.

If you can find a copy at the library, you should read it. It's a great read, even if, in the end, it doesn't help.

Um, maybe his name is spelled with a V as in Steven ..... I don't remember. :disgust:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts