Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my chihuahua 15 months old children who have difficulty in breathing since the occasional vet said it was something you do you have seen all the little races

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think this person is using a language translator, and it's not translating well.

Milky: Use Google Translate and then post the question again. Some translators don't translate accurately but Google usually does better.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If I understand correctly, you're asking if all small breed dogs have respiratory issues; I'd have to say not really...it's mostly confined to the brachiocephalic (sp?) breeds, such as Pugs, Pekingese, Shih Tzu, Affenpinscher, etc. Your particular Chi may have a respiratory problem, or possibly reverse sneezing, which I have only recently found out is fairly common in Chis. I would definitely ask the vet for clarification and more information on your dog's condition.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
my chihuahua 15 months old children who have difficulty in breathing since the occasional vet said it was something you do you have seen all the little races
no, Chihuahuas do not help children with asthma (breathing problems).
that is a myth.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A. I bow to your superior interpretive skills, Jerry'sMom - well done!
B. The only instance I can think of where a dog would help with asthma is where the asthma is made much worse by stress (mine is) and the dog helps with the stress (mine does). I have heard of American Hairless Terriers and Cresteds being used to help ease fibromyalgia symptoms, but not asthma.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to our friends may be trying to help vet said with excitement in your dogs do you have?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Thank you to our friends may be trying to help vet said with excitement in your dogs do you have?
yes, my dogs do sometimes breathe like they have asthma. that is normal for
Chihuahuas. We call it "reverse sneeze" and it does not harm them.
Is your Vet happy that so many people here want to help? :)
Please find a new translator to help you with English. It would be fun to
get to know more about you and your Chihuahua!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts