Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I got my Janome on ebay, for $65 it is worth alot more. Have you had a look on ebay?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my Janome on ebay, for $65 it is worth alot more. Have you had a look on ebay?
I need something very easy to use cause I don't sew ...since my BF gonna be out of country and I want to learn how to sew at home..:)....thanks

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I taught myself to sew on an old singer when I was 7 or 8, I really think you will be surprised how easy the machine itself is to use. Just familiarize yourself with the thread loading and whatnot. Then find a pattern or figure out what you want to make and prepare for a failure or 2 but really its not that hard and yo'll get the hang of it sooner than you think. The machine you get won't matter horribly, pretty much anything by singer/brother/janome will work for starters, although cheaper ones I would say stay away from "thicker" fabrics. Anyway I would say finding on on ebay isnt a bad idea at all. Then just play :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i taught myself as well , the machine should also come with a booklet that will show how to thread and also how to load your bobbins :) , any trouble with anything there is always youtube :) , the sewing part is easy .

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I got my machine at Walmart it is pretty easy to use, it has a ton of different stitches but I mostly use one or two. I have had it for 3 years and use it quite a bit sometimes and it still going strong.

·
Registered
774 Posts
the one i use the most i got at the thrift store for $5.00. yes five bucks. what a steal. it's an old singer touch n sewfrom the 70's. love it. i also am self taught. i learned when i was a teen. it's not that hard to learn. can u draw a striaght line? then you should be able to sew.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
For what you're going to pay for a used one, I would just go to Walmart. I bought mine from Walmart a few years ago and have yet to really sit down & use it. It was around $130-160--I can't remember exactly. I love this machine as it has a self threader which makes it very easy threading the needle. I want to start making Midgie clothes, hopefully this winter if I can find the time.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think it would be perfect to start with, and that way, if you end up hating it, you haven't blown a lot of money on it. I'm looking to get a sewing machine again after 5+ years of not sewing, I have a reason to again...lol sew for da widdle goggies :p It will be way cheaper than buying stuff thats for sure LOL.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Cheaper ones tend to be noisier.
Buy the best you can afford as you
will grow in expertise.You will be glad you did.
Its sorta like buying a computer!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Cheaper ones tend to be noisier.
Buy the best you can afford as you
will grow in expertise.You will be glad you did.
Its sorta like buying a computer!
lol in a way! hahaha :D

i went from singer to kenmore :) singer broke on me after not even a month and i exchanged it for that one lol

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I just bought a Singer 4210 Sewing Machine ..:)...hopefully I can learn something out of it..:)...
Congratulations on getting the sewing machine!:D Just take your time and start out making simple things and practice and before long you can make some awesome things! Don't get discouraged if you mess up a few times....just try again and make some practice pieces. Can't wait to see some of your creations!:toothy4:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts