Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you chi -people do you take your chis to supermarkets ,walmarts etc...do people complain?.just curious :p :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi gets to go pretty much everywhere with me. i've taken her to the bank (they looove her there!) to kmart, target, dollar stores, pet stores, i've even taken her to get my nails done (they love her there too!) i took her to my tattoo parlor (again they all went nuts for her even a 6 foot 200 plus pound biker guy was all mushy for her lol!) she's gone to the movies and she goes to wrok with me everyday (it helps that i work in an animal hospital.) no one has gotten mad that she was there but i do get some snotty remarks sometimes from people. oh and i went tot he mall and the mall security guard stopped me and told me that they didn't allow pets and i said well she is a therapy dog in training and this is vital to her training and socialization so he called his superior and said well how big is it and he said like not even 2 pounds she is carrying it around and says she don't put her down so the supervisor said well i sont' see a problem then and he goes ok if you don't have a problem then i don't. then he pet her for like 5 minutes asking all kinds of questions.... i didn't make up the therapy dog stuff because i do want to have her do that but it isn't officla yet hehe...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Everywhere I've went except for one place has been very excepting. That one place that didn't accept dogs was a seafood restaurant in Redondo Beach. They didn't even tell me that he wasn't allowed because I had him in the carrier, they told my fiances sister that her mini poodle wasn't allowed. So therefore I was sure not to let Seiah's head poke out. But every other place hasn't complained. I even went to Ralph Lauren on Rodeo and they asked to let him run around. My fiance told them he wasn't potty trained yet, and all they said was 'It's okay, if he goes we'll just clean it up'. So no problems yet :wink: .

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I take Lily everyplace except where food is served. That seems to be the dividing line in this area. She's been to banks, video stores, jewelry stores, Target, Barnes and Noble, Pier I, Radio Shack, shoe stores, hardware stores, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Michael's, car repair places, you name it. The only people who have asked us to leave were one Blockbuster (a couple other Blockbusters never said a word) and Michael's. Target asks us not to go to the food area, which I find very reasonable.

I always carry her (she'd freak out if I ever put her on the floor in a store :lol: ) and she always behaves beautifully so there's no problem. She does attract a crowd so errands always take longer when Lily's with me. :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took Martini to Target to buy a puppy gate and we made it throughout the whole store without a problem but as soon as we finished checking out, a security guard came up and said there are no pets allowed. So I guess we won't be going back there. Hmm.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've taken Charlie all kinds of places...some people (customers) have given me dirty looks...whatever :roll: ...the clerks always ask to pet him or hold him. The only place that asked me to not bring him in was a bridal shop (I think all the white dresses made them nervous and my sister's chi wasn't in a carrier she was just holding him) He's only ever been in one food place when he was really little and asleep in the carrier. When I went to order my flowers for my wedding he came up in conversation and the florist asked me to bring him in the store, he was sleeping in the car (it was about 50-60 degrees F wouldn't have left him if it was hot or cold) She even offered to make him a special little boutinier out of dog friendly flowers. :) Oh yeah, almost forgot we had him in a carrier at a mall in Virginia and a security guard told us there were no pets allowed...ok, this mall had a pet store, how do people take their pets out of the pet store then? How can a mall with a pet store say no pets?? :roll: My fiance was funny there was a baby screaming a few feet away from us when the security guard asked us to take Charlie out of the mall, my fiance said "he's better behaved than most babies and you let them in"....yeah he's a good chi daddy :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nemo goes everywhere pretty much I hate being parted from him even comes with me to work if my mum cant take him. Only place I wouldn't take him is a restaurant, mainly because I think thats just rude, or a club I mean come on that would be just just plain silly, otherwise supermarkets, shopping, the pub (hey am english), the aquarium the other day he really liked the fish. He comes everywhere and always has a warm welcome, just dont like people touching him without asking me first. But he's so well behaved people ask me to bring him back.

Sarah

·
Registered
106 Posts
taking chi's along

I love to take my baby Chassis with us. I have this purse that I got at bed and bath that works great for her. It is a suead with fur lining, her little 2.4 lbs body fits in it great. Most of the time people don't even know I have her with me. Her little head just poke's out so she can see. I see people all the time here in souther CA with there pooches. Fashion Island shopping mall is out doors, and you see alot of people with there pooches.
Beth. Smidgen & Chassis mom...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
The only place Ive taken Tader was the petsupermarket Im one of those people who can see bad things happening al the time & I would hate for Tader to get off his leash or run away or something plus it would be hard to take him anywhere now I have a 2 year old son.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi everyone

i used to take my vixie everywhere, she came to university with me aswell!
i would take her to work aswell but i am not allowed, i dont think we would sell anything if they was there, they would all be loving them instead! my boss would not be happy!

i only found a few places where people have been a bit offish! if i go somewhere where there is food (bars/restaurants etc) i always pop in and ask before, and show them vixie and beni and they are always fine as long as she stays on her lead and behaves!

most people are amazed at her and are happy to let her in! (chihuahua's are not so popular over here in the UK!.....lets hope that soon changes!)

its becoming a bit more dificult to take both my dogs with me, beni is a big boy and a lot more difficult to hide/carry aswell as carrying vixen! plus he hates walking! hes building my muscles having to carry him everywhere!
now i have my boyfriend who adores them i have another chihuahua slave who can carry beni on future outings! all i need now is a manly carrier for him to put beni in! he does not approve of carrying my pink carrier! bless!

jem
x

·
Registered
51 Posts
Martini's Mommy said:
I took Martini to Target to buy a puppy gate and we made it throughout the whole store without a problem but as soon as we finished checking out, a security guard came up and said there are no pets allowed. So I guess we won't be going back there. Hmm.
I was just going to say here in Kentucky - I had just finished puppy training at Petsmart with Oliver and was going next door to Target with Oliver. He was even in a big purse like carry bag and they stopped me and would not let me in with him. So, I went home - no business from me that day. Love me, love my dog LOL.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i take my puppies to the grocery store everyweek...they always have little cheese samples and they get to sample all the cheeses..lol

they love it

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have taken Gadget every where with me since he was 3 weeks old... He loves going shopping... he is so good...

I have taken him to Walmart, Costco, Fred Meyers, Albertsons, Petsmart, The postoffice, UPS shipping place, A local meat market, when he was in his carrier and once when he was about 4 weeks old. Gee I ave taken him to so many places I can't remember all of them... I even had him in the hospital with me the afternoon after my surgery... The nurses loved him..

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Chi Mommy said:
i take my puppies to the grocery store everyweek...they always have little cheese samples and they get to sample all the cheeses..lol

they love it
The grocery store doesn't mind? I don't think I could get away with it here but I might just try it one of these days. If Lily could get cheese samples she'd be in hog heaven. :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi

I take both my puppies with me everywhere...Banks, supermarkets, malls, salons, stores, friends' houses, they love being outside and meeting new people. I've only had 2 incidents so far. The frist one was at a mall in El Salvador, the security guy was so rude...I was with my mom and Sally Lolita and as soon as he saw her he came to us and he said: "You can come in here with THAT" I was so upset. I told him I was gonna get her a cage so she could be in a plane, but he just didn't care...so I decided to go a friendlier mall and we got her the cage there....The second one happened when I was in El Salvador too and my bf tried to take Chiquitita to a Zellers(sorta like a canadian walmart)...we've taken her there several times before, but that time a girl who worked there went to my bf and said...sorry but u r not allowed to bring dogs in here...Chiquitita was inside her carrier and no one could even seen her...but she said absolutely no...not even in the carrier. My bf told her he was just gonna get some soap and that she could call security if she wanted and he went inside...but no one came to kick them out. We keep bringing both of them to Zellers and we haven't had any other incidents.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi

Wow,sounds like adventure to me!? Well i guess i have to experience it for myself ,taking the doggie to stores.I just dont get why some people would get upset about a little tiny dog in the stores,especialy if they are in their carrier,no harm done but what can you do ?Thanks guys for all the responses :hello1:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Chi Mommy said:

they love it
The grocery store doesn't mind? I don't think I could get away with it here but I might just try it one of these days. If Lily could get cheese samples she'd be in hog heaven. :lol:

We actually went to Ralphs and asked them if it was okay to have a dog and they said yes.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
the reason why some stores that sell food say no is because it is a health issue, if the health department were to make a surprise visit while an animal was there it's a problem (but a seeing eye dog or helping hand dog is ok...) go figure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts