Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
can't answer your question, but he sure is a cute little guy :love7:
did you have him scanned for microchip--just in case someone is looking for him?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
No one here will be able to tell you for certain, but he looks mostly Chi. There are DNA tests you can have done to find out, but they are a little pricey and I'm not sure how perfectly accurate they are.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
did you have him scanned for microchip--just in case someone is looking for him?
Well thank you, I was trying to think of a diplomatic way of saying precisely that but couldn't so kept closing the thread and biting my tongue until it bled.

I've very confused - initially you state in your first post that the locals said "he'd been wandering around for a week" (that does NOT mean he's homeless or without family who love him whatsoever) ....

and very quickly in another post, you state the family came to your garage sale & simply drove off without him ... hell, I've driven off without my kids on occasion!!! Again, does NOT mean he was abandoned.

So, besides conflicting stories of him having been "wandering around there for a week" or a family attending the garage sale "simply drove off without him" I'm feeling extremely confused and uncomfortable with either scenario - which one is the TRUTH exactly because they're vastly different and would fail miserably in a court in terms of witness credibility as any reader sure can see.

Personally I'm feeling this dog could well have been dog-napped, albeit unintentionally & with every good intention, for want of a better word and the thought of it constantly devastates me imagining he could well have been mine.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had him scanned and he doesn't have a chip. And @Aussielass, are you REALLY going to post that on everything I post?! I already explained everything to you and apologized for the mistake on my part of not being more clear.

·
Registered
382 Posts
How big is he? He seems like a pretty big boy, or is that just me?

He's definitely mostly Chihuahua if not all. Like I said, he seems rather big!
There really is no way to tell for sure. I don't even know if Stella is all Chihuahua. If she is, she's definitely not a well bred one.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. He IS a big baby! And the vet said he might grow even more! :p
I've looked at pictures online, and if he IS mixed, I think it's either with Terrier, Dotson, Mini Pinscher, or Dachshund :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe you did a very nice thing by taking him in and taking care of him. There are alot of mean people out there who use animals as cigarette trays, and kicking post and whatever else their diluted minds can come w/. You are a hero to that dog. If you in your heart of heart can say you have done everything in your power to find the dogs owner. Then you owe know one an explanation, and i would ignore those who are close minded and would think ill of you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
He looks purebred to me, but not show type. More backyard bred/old style as are mine. Regardless, he is FLIPPING ADORABLE!!!!!!! There is just something about his face! I just want to give him a big smooch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts