Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor says that she is 100% sure that Bailey is part Pug (she likes to think she knows everything) ..... I never did see his father, but his mother looked pure Chi. His breeder swears that both parents are pure chi, his father being short hair and on the extra small side, his mother a long hair. Sometimes he makes what looks like Pug faces.... but I don't think he is anything other then 100% Chi.... what do you think?

I will love him just as much even if he isn't full Chi, it doesn't really matter, I am just curious what you think?!

100% Chihuahua OR 50% Chihuahua

Bailey loves his froggy... maybe too much? lol

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I think he does too... but she has me thinking. She isn't the only one that has mentioned that Bailey looks mixed. :(

·
Registered
347 Posts
He looks 100% chi to me. He has a big head with a short nose, lovely! I think your neighbour doesn't know what a chihuahua looks like. ;)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I was hoping that you would all agree with him being 100% Chi! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I see all Chi when I look at your little doll baby! For curiosity's sake I looked up chihuahua pug mix pictures and these were two of the best links I found for piccies...

They call them Chugs, hehe ;)
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chug.htm

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chugphotos.htm

I guess when it comes to mixes you just never know what will turn out. For example, my friend has two "Puggles" these are a "hybrid" dog (basically a mix of a beagle and a pug). Her male looks beagle through and through. Her female looks like a total pug but with beagle markings...very interesting. Both cutie patooties though.

Heck, sometimes my hubby and I joke that Lola is part bulldog because she has such a strong, almost barrel like chest with her tiny chi head on top.

Anywho, mark my vote down for 100% chi :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Some people don't know what they're talking about. People sometimes ask what Lucy is mixed with because her ears are floppy, but she is full chi--at least for the 5 generations that I know of :)

When people ask what our dogs are, my husband tells them that they are mini pit bulls.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
what a jealous neighbour you have :p aww hes so cute, i love his nose so much i swear lol!! He is defo chi, and your breeder wouldnt lie anyway!

go bailey!!xx

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone, that is such a relief! :) :) :)

I would love him no matter what he was, but I am relieved that he is a Chi baby! :)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well... I was feeling better about him being 100% Chi, but then I looked at the pics on this link... the ones at the bottom where he is a puppy, looks kinda like my Bailey... yikes! Bailey is even getting the dark muzzle. I might have to go and demand to see his dad....

Ah well, Bailey is my baby and even if he is mixed, he is still my Chi baby! :)

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chugphotos.htm

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts