Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have a ton of pics, and prolly not the type you would need. But here's what I have-
Dad, 1 year-

Mom-

Pregnant-

With puppies during/after birth-

All of puppies (1 died)-

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Dad yes but not to standard... Mum is debatable maybe have jrt in her somewhere but I think she's just not bred to standard either

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are all very cute. All are gone I guess but the 2 biggest boys, I'm guessing Bronco and Little Bear. Genesis is my Bella. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the mom looks like a tiny little german sheppard with the colouring hehe all pups are so cute i like petite is that the one that died?
No, the one that died isn't pictured. Petite is small. She was with my Bella when I went to pick which girl I wanted. Bella was like twice her size! It was crazy. But I liked Bella's coloring much more.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I agree with Sarah, the dad is a chi, mom may or may not be, but neither are bred to 'chihuahua standard'. But the pups are adorable.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Dad looks Chi. Mum is sort of shaped like and has similar ears as a Toy Fox Terrier maybe? But she could just be an out of standard Chi. Impossible to know for sure. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If both the parents are full Chi, it's a shame they aren't registered. Because of that Bella isn't. My dad used to Breed Cotons and says that the family just sold me a mutt for $XXX. But she is most definitely NOT a mutt, and I don't really care if she has papers or not, I don't think I plan on breeding her at all. She was a pretty good price and I don't think I would have ever found a Chi that cheap, and I really wanted one. But he said since she doesn't have papers, anyone that knows anything about dogs is just going to see her as a Mutt, not a pure bred Chi. But really I don't mind, I love her just the same and she was worth every cent! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I would have her spayed and just enjoy her. Without knowing her lines and with her being possibly a mix there isnt a reason to breed her it would just be adding to the over population of pets. Just love her and dont worry about what anyone else thinks :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They both look full chi to me, just not bred to standard.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chi's are all so different looking these days. Many people prefer the deer type to the apple, even though the apple is standard. They come in so many colors....
I believe they are definitely both chi's . mom is just the deer type with much thinner head and body etc. she is gorgeous. I love her expression.
As there are hundreds and hundreds of chi's here in America that are in shelters, I find it hard to swallow that people are breeding for the heck of it.
YOur pups are lovely !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts