Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't care if she is or isn't but I get asked a lot and was just curious. I have a couple pics in her album (Juliet) plus my avatar. She's a shelter puppy and her papers said chihuahua/mix but she looks like a classic deer head chi to me. Plus, she's so tiny I can't think of too many other breeds she could have in her.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
She looks pure chi to me. She is very cute! It is wonderful that you adopted her from a shelter. :)

How big is she? She looks really small in the pictures.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Maybe a bit of Min Pin in her?
Who knows. She's SUPER cute! :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If anything, maybe a little min pin. But she is a cutie. All shelters have to put mix unless it is extremely obvious or a owner turn in because if they say pure bred and it turns out its not, there have been owners that have threaten to sue or return the dog. A worker at the SPCA told me this.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't know if your dog is mixed, but she is really cute. Maybe she is a tiny bit min pin, but it's not so much the coloring, but the shape of her head/face. She does seem more like a chi than anything else, but I am not even close to knowing what I'm talking about when it comes to deer heads or apple heads.

I get asked all the time about what kind of dog Venus is because she isn't a tan chi. Most people think there are only tan short haired chi's, and chi's don't come in any other color or coat variety. I think Venus's body, face, tail, and head look like a chi, but most non-chi people don't think so. They ask me if she's a Rat Terrier or a Fox Terrier and that's only if they can even think of a breed that she looks like. Usually people think she's a puppy of some kind of mix.

I don't know if she's a mix because she was just a stray from the animal shelter. I don't think anybody on Chi People has told me that Venus looks anything other than a chi. However, my new dog is definitely a Yorkie, and I have already been asked if she's a Silky Terrier. I think it's because her hair is cut short like a Silky, but most people don't let their Yorkies run around with a full show coat. She was given up to a rescue by a breeder so I'm pretty sure that she is a Yorkie unless that breeder liked mixing the two breeds. I've seen a great example of a Silky Terrier and a Yorkie and my new dog is either a horrible example of a Silky Terrier or a fairly good pet example of a Yorkie.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would say she probably has a bit of min pin in her too
She is a sweet heart!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's 3 lbs 9 oz right now at almost 6 months (again, not sure), so she's a little thing. A few people guessed min pin due to the markings. I always liked those too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts