Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poorly bred

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I'm going to copy Nathalie's poll, because I often wonder if Taco is purebred or just a poorly bred chi, too! I'm not really sure what to tell people because he's so HUGE! This is his background......Both his parents were purchased from a pet shop. The owner of the parents swears that they are purebred and she has papers, but I'm not sure what kind of papers. She said that both parents weigh 15 lbs. She bred them and had 7 puppies, sold 5 and gave away the last two, because she couldn't handle them anymore. She said they were disrupting her household and it was time for them to go. (Sick, right) So, I got him for free, no papers. He weighs between 13-14 lbs. and he's not overweight. Here's a pic. I don't really care, I love him to death anyway, and I won't be hurt if you think he's poorly bred, because I believe at the very least he is. Just curious what all of you think. Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
full chi

I would say yes. He looks like a typical chi to me and I know alot of them to weigh this much and sometimes more :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I voted "purebred" but I don't really know. I mean, he looks pure to me but he could just as easily have a little something else thrown into the mix. The only reason I'm even slightly suspicious is because of the facts you laid out. If I were you, I would choose to believe he's just a super sized purebred chi... and lots more of him to love. :wave:

The good news about his size is that you'll never have to hear any of that crap about teacups. :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Taco is chihuahua in my opinion. He's just a big ole' boy. But if you take a good look around, there are lots more of the bigger chihuahuas than the teeny ones. My smallest grown chi weighs 10 lbs (Andy) Yea yea i know they are all overweight but even if they weren't, their weights would probably range 8-12 pounds. Poorly bred? Nawwwww....could you love him any more if he weighed 4 pounds?

People really need to take a look at what's important (i don't mean the people on this forum, i mean people everywhere). If you are not breeding to show, then perfection is not as important. And i understand about maintaining the standard so no need to go there. :) For me, i'm just attracted to a chihuahuas personality, not his size. :) And it makes me sad when i read that someone is worried that their pup is going to get bigger than 3 pounds. :(

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
To me he looks like a purebred. I hate to use the words poorly bred but that could be the case. I think he is beautiful regardless of what he is. I love the bigger chi's! :D

Mr. Peepers breeder swears up and down, that he is a purebred. But he is really big too, 12 pounds. I used to think since his ears are down that he has to be mixed but I see alot of chi's without standing ears, Cooper, Auggie, Cosmo. Mr. Peepers was in a litter of 5 and he was the second largest. The others were considerably smaller than he was. So I suppose he could be poorly bred also.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: I chose poorly bred..same reason I think Smelly is big..questionable breeding, maybe both his parents were big or way out of standards. :wink: But HE IS GORGEOUS, great color, lovely face. :wink: Whenever people ask me if Smelly is a mix, he's really sturdy and around 7-8 lbs. at 9 months I just say: He's all chi but on the big side. :wink:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i voted (a few days ago :wink: ) that he is a purebreed ,because if my cosmo is,then taco is one too , i recognize a lot of cosmo in taco .......his body and head are very similar :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tough call. My friend has a chi named Cocoa and we often wonder if he's full or not. But i think Taco is beautiful....i'm in love with those eyes!

·
Registered
683 Posts
The little picture next to your name (not sure what its called) but to me it clearly shows he is a chihuahua,, i am mad for chihuahua's noses and that is a god darn chihuahua nose - his ears r right up ther alert like a chihuahua - i choose badly bread and by that i just mean he isn't what people would say is the perfect standard but i would say he is defo a chi.

And i love his nose!!!!! :D :D :D :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts