Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that the few chi people I know are the "motherly" type and I think that chi's are like permanent babies... so I thought its fitting.

Do you believe that this is a common trait of chi people? Or have you found any other trait that connects chi people? I always wondered.

I was 8 when I fell in love with the breed. This was way before taco bell and paris hilton hit the chi scene! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have always wanted one for a travel companion. I have a husband and son for that now, but I still wanted a dog small enough to make moving easier, since we are an Army family. I agree with the motherly mentality, Vanna is my girl baby to make up for the lack of human girl babies I cannot have!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I cant tell you what attracted me to them. I never liked small dogs and I just happened upon Yoshi and I was hooked. I love Chi's and cant imagine my life without them now :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My first chi was 30 years ago,didn't know anything about them ,just that my daughter wanted a small dog as she was only small,so off to a nutty lady who had Chico in a garage with huge dogs,he had bits out of his ears and was quite ugly,and smelt of disinfectant, so we took him paid £40 he grew into a handsom swan and lived till he was 17,then i was hooked ,along came Lily and now Dottie

·
Registered
150 Posts
Honestly, i hated chi's growing up. >.< of course i had only met the evil ones, and my family was always big dog people. We're in the army so i wanted to look into a little dog and went to a breeder to see a yorkie ( soooo did not do my research on yorkies, and i'm glad i didn't get one i don't have the activity level for a terrier) and ended up falling in love with the red fluff ball that was salem at i think 4 weeks old. I went home, did my research and got him a few weeks later lol. Now i'm a stuck. lol i love chi's.

But mostly just LC's honestly for me, but i'd never say no to fostering/adopting a well behaved short hair lol. But i also love poms too.... and they can be bigger diva's then poms. something about all that attitude in such a dainty body ;)

I dream of a day i can have more then two dogs, i'd like 3 or four chi's. Or 2 chi's and foster a few. i dunno I'll have a herd at some point i'm sure!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I didn't have a "thing" for chis until The summer of 2009 I talked about getting one and thought it would be fun to have a tiny dog that I could take lots of places and dress cute. :) I have always loved dogs and have had several. My mom on the other hand LOVES chihuahuas and always wanted one. I saw one last march at the animal rescue and fell inlove but the owner came back for him and i was so disappointed, as i'd already filled out an application and wanted him. Then after that i was on the hunt and ended up with my precious Leila. I can't imagine life without her. I will always have chihuahuas now.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I was another big dog person. I have always loved big dogs. Then I found Reggie in the gutter in front of my house, hurt. He was such a cuddle bug even though he was in pain. Then I got Gonzo and he had such a wonderful personality in a tiny, long legged body that I wanted more. Now it's hard to stop. lol They are such wonderful little dogs, they entertain me and make me laugh. Any dogs I get for the rest of my life will be chis.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have found that the few chi people I know are the "motherly" type and I think that chi's are like permanent babies... so I thought its fitting.

Do you believe that this is a common trait of chi people? Or have you found any other trait that connects chi people? I always wondered.

I was 8 when I fell in love with the breed. This was way before taco bell and paris hilton hit the chi scene! :)
I'm going to agree with you. I think I am the "motherly" type--need someone to take care of. But I have no idea if that's a common trait among Chi owners. Another possible trait might be to be needed--b/c our Chis def. need us and want to be with us.

I didn't have an opinion on Chis before "inheriting" one. :) Bizkit was a gift to my daughter (15 y.o. at that time) and he just ended up being mine b/c I spent faaaaaaaaaaar more time with him (she's a Yorkie person now).
Kimberly

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am the motherly type...I have to be doing something for someone all of the time.

I love all dogs - for years, I bred and sold Golden retrievers, and at that point of my life I thought I would never want any other breed of dog. I was wrong!

When I was a little girl, an elderly man came from California to visit with my grandparents. He had a little sable SC Chi with him named "Flea", and I fell in love with that little dog, even though he hated everyone other than his owner. The old man fell ill while he was visiting, and passed away. When he was removed from the house and taken to the funeral home, Flea slowly made her way to me, and then proceeded to bite everyone who came near me. The elderly man had no family to take the dog, and my parents would not let me keep her - I was 7 or 8, and didn't have much say. My grandparents took her to a shelter, and I never got over it.

It started haunting me a couple of years ago, at a time when we couldn't have a dog. When we got settled back in Kentucky and could have a dog, the first thing I went looking for was a Chi, preferably a rescue, in honour of Flea. Coincindentally, Gracie looks identical to Flea.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What a cute story kimr!
I'm deffo the "fatherly type" haha like to cuddle them and spoil and their just so loyal!Orignally I wanted a small dog to dress but once I got them I rarely dress them jst for special occasions :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
let's just say it's in the genes...from way back, so I've found out...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts