Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they like wearing clothes? I love seeing cute chihauhua's in cute outfits. One day when I get one i'm going to get it to wear clothes. Please post pictures here :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oakley loves to wear them, the boys don't really seem to care or notice either way. Asia will learn to love them to. Oakley knows it means lots of positive attention and thus has come to get really really excited when her clothes come out :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Butter HATES wearing clothes...she turns into a total vegetable.
I definitely don't want to say Britney loves or even likes to wear clothes, but she tolerates it. Doesn't put up a fight, she's a great sport about a lot of stuff :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lola hides when ever her coats comes out but she just thinks she going for a walk!! When shes got them on shes fine, same with Penny! i think they tolerate it really, abit like ^Britney ^
Must admit tho i dont put mine in anything too silly! they dont have dresses or tutu`s! not that theres anything wrong with them but mine just wear jumpers /coats! x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Roo doesn't mind at all, in fact she likes wearing her warm clothes when it's cold out. When I bring one of her sweaters out, she will coming prancing over. Pip HATES wearing anything so I don't even try. He will hide when he sees clothes come out. Even when it's cold out, since he's only out there briefly, I usually don't put anything on him. He mopes and acts like he can't walk. hehe.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My girls both love their outfits. They would never wear hats or anything but just reg little dresses or shirts they love them. When I get one of their shirts out Shayley will do a happy dance, Kizzie will just wait her turn. I started Kizzie out young wearing clothes, Shayley I started probably at a year. :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Roo doesn't mind at all, in fact she likes wearing her warm clothes when it's cold out. When I bring one of her sweaters out, she will coming prancing over. Pip HATES wearing anything so I don't even try. He will hide when he sees clothes come out. Even when it's cold out, since he's only out there briefly, I usually don't put anything on him. He mopes and acts like he can't walk. hehe.
Roo in her "flower" top is the cutest!!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Baby likes wearing clothes and flaunts when she's wearing pretty dresses, ninja runs as soon ad he sees me open the drawer the clothes are in lol he will let me put them on but then just rolls around until I take it off, prada doesn't mind but don't think it's her favorite lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Radley is ok if you can get them on him... it really depends what mood he is. Once on he is fine, but he isnt too keen on things going over his head (something we are working on for harnesses etc). When he does wear them he only wear jumpers or coats.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not too sure if dressing up is a girl thing. Tobias hates clothes with a passion. I only put him on coats / jackets when the weather is cold. Nothing on him when he is indoors. I only bought him a few new clothes since Krystal arrived last year. In the first 2 years I have him (he's 3 years old now), he probably have only one jumper. :rolleyes:

As Krystal is very cute, so I started to buy her some nice clothes, but still it's mainly because of her arriving in the Autumn and she really shivered even just taking her out from the door to the car, which is only a few steps. I am still not too obsessed with dressing her like a human baby. She is very cute but I tend to treat all my dogs equal, so if the big dogs have one or 2 winter coats just to keep warm, I want to keep it simple and the same with Krystal too. (sound very mean) I am one of those don't believe to dress a dog even it's toy breed like a little human baby.

Tobias don't like wearing anything, Krystal will wear anything I put on her but she is not having much. lol

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Minnie and Peyton love to wear clothes. Tootsie doesnt like it but will tolerate it if i put a sweater or coat on her when its cold

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey loves to wear clothes and actually gets excited when I call her and she see's I am going to dress her. I only got Izzy yesterday so I have not yet introduced her to clothes. Here is a pic of Honey.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bella hates to wear any clothes - she loves being a nudist (LOL). The only thing she'll wear is her coat or sweater when it's cold to go outside for her walks.

Lina enjoyed wearing pretty clothes when she used to live with her first mommy, Kristin. None of these pretty puppy clothes fit her anymore. She wears her coat or sweater when it's cold to go outside for her walks.

Both girls love to burrow under blankets or be covered with blankets when they're in their dog beds, crates, or cuddling on our sofas - to keep warm inside our home during winter. :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Honey loves to wear clothes and actually gets excited when I call her and she see's I am going to dress her. I only got Izzy yesterday so I have not yet introduced her to clothes. Here is a pic of Honey.

Honey looks so pretty in that pink dress, and i love the pink rhinestone necklace on her :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Chip likes it! He has one sweatshirt that he is really crazy about, and if I just hold it up he will put his head and arms through. When I take it off of him, he will lay on top of it. Lol.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Gretel turns into a vegetable when she had clothes on. Will not move when called etc.

Godric enjoys them, but always ends up peeing on himself.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Nope! Miley needs at least a tshirt when its a bit chilly or we have the AC up, and they all wear a jacket or coat when they go out if its in the 40s or colder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OMG...My boy Eggz loves his sweaters and jackets....I swear he struts when he's got something on. As soon as he's sees a sweater come out of the drawer or a coat come out of the closet he rushes rushes over and sits perfectly in front of me waiting to put it on. I've taught him to lift his front paws to put them in the sweaters. I out it over his head and tell him "leg" so he lifts his leg to be put in the sleeve and then again with the other leg ....my boyfriend dies laughing every time he sees him do it. He says now i should teach him how to fold or hang them and put them away when they comes out of the laundry lol.

Zsa Zsa is just oblivious...she doesn't mind the clothing at all and is pretty content once she's in it, but she doesn't have the same reaction as the boy, I don't think she's made the connection yet that getting dressed means going somewhere.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey LOVES LOVES LOVES wearing clothes, she hates being nekkid lol. She gets so excited when I change her outfits she puts her head through the hole and everything without me forcing the issue.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As a newbie, I was starting to wonder if chihuahuas were trained to wear clothing as younger puppies.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts