Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always amazed at the way they use their little brains.Lily has a chew and when it gets small she will come over to me as she knows she shouldn't have it anymore,she will also scratch the patio doors when she needs to go out,she never touches Simba's or Dottie's food,i could leave it down for hours,she will growl at poor old Simba if he goes near her toys,but never Dottie as she seems to know she is a puppy.
What does your Chi do that amazes you ?

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Awwww what smart little ones you have. I am quite amazed at how smart they can be.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am always amazed at my guys. Yoshi knows right from wrong, he just knows. He gets so upset if I am upset and tries to console me. He has a way of getting my attention when he wants something. I can tell him to go tell sissy or daddy and he will do so. Chibi is a brilliant guy himself as he tries to give everyone equal loving time, LOL! I always try to be equal in my affection with all my guys but Chibi does the same thing with us. They are such good boys :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have only had Lola 7 weeks but already she seems to know when i'm on my way home from work. If my hubby is home he says she sleeps most of the time i'm out but as it gets nearer the time i'm due home from work she will get up and start pacing and looking towards the door...how do they know what the time is?! it never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I'm ABSOLUTELY amazed by how smart miss leila is. She learned every trick I ever tried teaching her. I haven't tried any more because i couldn't think of anymore.lol She knows what's a dog toy and what's a childs toy and not to bother them.
She knows certain words... like "bone" "toys" and obviously food and treat as well. ;) lol
She sits by the back door when she wants to go out. She is just super smart and an excellent watchdog..as she hears "EVERY" sound. lol
The only prob with her is she won't leave the other dog's food alone and will get into the garbage if i leave a bag on the kitchen floor. She is always scavenging around looking for crumbs and food. It is annoying!!!! :) But i love her to death anyway! :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
They are sooooooooooo smart, aren't they? Brody will shove his bully stick down between the couch cushions so that just the end is sticking out so it will hold it for him when he chews on it. ha.

He also will very obviously stare at you, then when you ask him what he wants, he will jump up on the couch and stare at the ball stash until you take one down for him. (We don't leave them down all the time because he is just so darn obnoxious and NEVER stops playing and it can get annoying. ha)

He knows the names of his toys and if you say 'get your squirrel' or 'get your pig' he will go and get them.

He knows the cats food bowl is off limits. But if they drop a piece on the floor he considers that fair game and he will grab it.

He understands sentences, like if you say 'do you love your kitties?' he will go to one of the cats and kiss them on the mouth and then come back to you. :D

It's really funny how crazy smart and intuitive they are. :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Tracy that reminded me that Yoshi does the same thing. He will stare at me until I ask him what he wants and then he will get all excited and run over to his toy basket or look in the direction of the toys :) I can say go give Daddy sugar or sissy sugar and he will go lick them or if I say give mommy sugar he will do the same. He doesnt play much with Chibi but sometimes when Chibi is beating up on him I will say get him Yoshi and he will go all crazy on Chibi and scare Chibi to death, LOL!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes they always amaze me! Bruiser put his chew in the middle of the couch to hold it while he chews.He hears every noise and seems to know our car because soon as mum or dad come home he jumps straight to the window!
Sometimes bambi sits and stares at me for ages even when she doesnt want anything lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Tracy that reminded me that Yoshi does the same thing. He will stare at me until I ask him what he wants and then he will get all excited and run over to his toy basket or look in the direction of the toys :) I can say go give Daddy sugar or sissy sugar and he will go lick them or if I say give mommy sugar he will do the same. He doesnt play much with Chibi but sometimes when Chibi is beating up on him I will say get him Yoshi and he will go all crazy on Chibi and scare Chibi to death, LOL!
Aren't they funny!!! LOL!! I love it.

Michele, great thread!! :hello1:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you read these threads,you think oh yes she does that as well,they seem to have in-built working brains.CLEVER LITTLE THINGS !

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lol what a smart little Lily! They really do amaze me! If I'm in a room with Kizzie, my mom, & fiance. I will ask Shayley "Where is Grandma?" and she'll look RIGHT at her, then where is Kizzie, she'll look right at her and then my fiance, and they they'll ask where is Mimi (that's my nickname lol or they'll say mommy) and she'll look right at me. It's so funny how smart they are. Kizzie amazes me with her smart little attitude she has, she knows she's prissy and will do a little fancy walk when she's walking away from me after telling her not to steal Shayley's treat lol

Shayley and Kizzie eat right next to eachother, never fight or steal the others food either. Shayley eats her food and takes a bit of a break , Kizzie wont' touch her food even after she's done. Shayley never eats Kizzie's food either. So proud of my girls lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts