Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Billy attacks the hoover when i am hoovering. It dosent matter how many times I say NO to him he keeps doing it. Also Poppy has started to do it to now to. I have no idea how to stop them both doing it, other than putting them in their bed.

I hoover everyday and its getting quite tedious!

Please, any suggestions welcome!!

xx

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I usually put up all the chis before I vacuum because theyre all scared of it. Our lab though will kind of follow me around and then every now and then he will jump at it and let out these huge deep barks, it always startles the *#@! out of me when he does it, so I will usually send him outside or to his crate. So thats my way of dealing with it, lol, but I bet you could try getting him used to it. Maybe get your hubby to help and you have treats for Pixie and Billy and have them do a few tricks, etc and be giving out treats and have the vacuum close by, then when they are focused on you maybe he can turn it on and you can try to keep them focused with treats and slowly get them to where they ignore it? Thats what I would try.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mia is scared of it and runs away. It doesn't really bother Skylar and Bizkit def. doesn't care. Skylar likes to chase the mop when I'm mopping. She thinks I'm just playing with her. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Bryco does it and it drives me nuts, the others are scared of it (read: Laurel = TERRIFIED of it lol)...I just put him somewhere else while I do it. Can't be bothered to hollar at him over the noise. He's done it ever since he was 1 pound hahaha. That was funny to see.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lol sorry but I can't imagine him doing that not bryco I need video evidence

Daisy couldn't give. Stuff lotus doesn't mind she walks away ad gets in her bed

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bryco does it and it drives me nuts, the others are scared of it (read: Laurel = TERRIFIED of it lol)...I just put him somewhere else while I do it. Can't be bothered to hollar at him over the noise. He's done it ever since he was 1 pound hahaha. That was funny to see.
OMG it drives me nuts to!! My others are not a bit bothered. How annoying. :mad:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Noooo...I have a big pet peeve of dogs who attack the vaccuum or anything of the sort. Maya came to us freaked out of the vaccuum...she'd bark & probably would have attacked had I allowed her. Now she basically runs away from it but I make a habbit of picking her up & holding her while I vaccuum so I think it desensitizes her a bit each time & lets her know vaccuuming can be a GOOD thing. If she starts barking when I bring it out I just give a verbal command. Had she approached it I would have used my two fingers (index & middle) & given a "bite" & blocked myself between her & the machine. You basically have to use a no nonsense approach.

I hope you can figure something out. It would drive me bonkers if my pups did that!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My girls just make their way to another room when I vacumn...but Dazy trys to attack the hand mixer or the coffee bean grinder...Of course she cannot reach them as they are up on the counter, but she charges around the kitchen jumping on the side of the counter like she is going to rip something apart! LOL! She's a nutball!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Cisco will , he gets very aggressive with it , anything that makes a loud sound he does it to , when we whipper sniper the back yard we have to make sure he is locked up ,i have tried everything with him although he will listen and stop the urge to kill it is just to much .
i wonder if it hurts their ears ?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
No clue how to fix that because my girls are scared out of their minds of the darn thing! They see me with it without it on they get the low heads and sneak off upstairs...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts