Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
None of mine wear them. But there are so many cute ones! I have a really nice bling bling one that I had made when Lexie was younger, but none of them will wear it. :/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Milo wears a collar 90% off the time. I can't seem to find a nice one that is small enough for Honey lol. There are some very pretty collar's around.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Laurel wears one all the time as she goes out to potty (well except when she sleeps in her crate).

The other 3 don't really wear them in the house but I have loads for them.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Jeez Kristi! Is Laurel the step child or what! Poor thing can't go on vacation she's too noisy in hotels, she hasta go outside and potty, holy cow. We'd better watch out or she and Gretel are gonna run away together and start an unloved dogs-convention!

(only teasing my dear) I have a soft spot for Laurel as her colors and size reminds me of my Grans dog.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
All of mine wear their collars all the time. When we go for walks they wear a harness, I dont attach a leash to their collars unless its an unexpected thing like an unplanned stop into petco and we dont have a harness with us. All of my dogs potty outside, so I like them to always have a collar with tag, plus I think theyre cute. Reese actually gets upset when I take his collar off, because when he was a puppy it meant we were going out and he was going in his crate. He gets anxious when his collar comes off and is thrilled to put it back on. After baths I say "want to get your collar Reesie?" and he comes running and jumps around so excited to have it back on :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Mine wear them when we go out, but only for their tags.
They walk on harnesses.
They dont wear them indoors though. x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Mine do not wear collars unless I take them out, then they wear them on their harnesses. I don't use them indoors because they play together and I'm paranoid they will somehow get interlocked and get hurt or choke themselves when I'm not around. The door to my house leads to a enclosed/gated yard so even if they ran out of the door (they never try though) they couldn't get out, so I don't worry about ID. They are both also microchipped.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
All mine wear them all the time except Smoke. He outgrew his, then started having seizures so for safety, I kept it off. Now that his seizures are controlled, I have to get him a new one. They go out to potty and the collars have their rabies tag on them and microchip info for the ones that are microchipped. And I like the fact that if necessary, I can hook a finger in a collar for a bit of control. (No, I don't pull it so it will hurt their neck, but sometimes the only way I can get Lexxi out of Twiggy's crate at night when it's bedtime is to grab her collar and then she comes quietly. lol)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey wears a collar most of the time, Ziva has yet to find a collar she can't destroy (scratching to bits).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Betty & Goose are the only ones who have collars right now, they were wearing them full time but Goose's was wearing a patch of chest hair away - so now they only wear them if we're out in public. Which is not often. LOL

Infact, right now the cat is wearing Bettys collar to keep her cone on.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Jeez Kristi! Is Laurel the step child or what! Poor thing can't go on vacation she's too noisy in hotels, she hasta go outside and potty, holy cow. We'd better watch out or she and Gretel are gonna run away together and start an unloved dogs-convention!

(only teasing my dear) I have a soft spot for Laurel as her colors and size reminds me of my Grans dog.
Hehehe it comes w/ being over 10 lbs in our house.

I make hubby go outside to potty, too

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My pups have collars with their rabies/licensing tags but the only time they wear them is when we go out. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hehehe it comes w/ being over 10 lbs in our house.

I make hubby go outside to potty, too
hehehe too funny.

Gretel doesn't make the cut yet but I almost wish I had a 10lber running around. Godric is on his way if I can get any meat on his bones.

As for hubby pottying outside....I may have to take a leaf out of your book :angel9:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
hehehe too funny.

Gretel doesn't make the cut yet but I almost wish I had a 10lber running around. Godric is on his way if I can get any meat on his bones.

As for hubby pottying outside....I may have to take a leaf out of your book :angel9:
Trigger's being trained ATM as he's 7 lbs and IMO its just too much pee and poo for the potty pads! So haha, he has his collar on a lot, too.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
LOL poor Kristi's hubby , that gave me such a good laugh haha

mine wear collars at all times not just because it is the law but i feel like they are safer with them on :) .

1 - 20 of 42 Posts