Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 4 Chi's in their crates at night and am okay with that seeing that they are still new to the family (ages 1year to 6months), but my hubby wants them to start sleeping with us:eek:. I am afraid I will roll over on them, or be so aware that I loose sleep! Do many of you sleep with yours?:confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have my 4 Chi's in their crates at night and am okay with that seeing that they are still new to the family (ages 1year to 6months), but my hubby wants them to start sleeping with us:eek:. I am afraid I will roll over on them, or be so aware that I loose sleep! Do many of you sleep with yours?:confused:
Hi, no mine don't sleep in my bed, they sleep downstairs in their beds. I would happily have them in mine but the hubby wouldn't allow it! Also we have a rotti and it wouldn't be fair if he was left out, really wouldn't fancy him getting in too lol! X

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
No, ours don't. It's very dangerous to them imo. We are unpredictable sleepers and they're just too trusting.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yes and No. I prefer for them to sleep in their crates...but I do occasionally let them in my bed...usually when I go to bed early to watch tv...then I am too lazy to put them in their crates. But when I do this....even just once in a while...it makes it very hard for them to go back to the crates. Bailey is a big whiner/crier. Another thing is...with 4....they are constantly moving and changing positions during the night which keeps me awake. And ALL 4 sleep on MY side of the bed :( Did this last night and in the crate they went!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I have only the one chi and he sleeps in his crate. I feel that he is much safer in his crate. Life changes so much, you do not know what the future will hold and keeping them in a crate is so much safer!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mine sleeps in the crate downstairs with the shah tzus. I'd love my chi in the bed but my hubby won't have none of it.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
i sleep with mine. they never get rolled on because the move with me..if i roll over so do they lol x

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
no. and, it's a habit i am glad to have never started! seems that often
when someone has behavioral problems with their dog, the first thing they are
advised is to get them out of their bed! :sad5:

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Yes, my Ernie does all the time. Occasionally, one of the others do too. Bu prefers his crate and Briscoe won't sleep with me. Charlene, well no. :) Ernie slept with me from the time he was 1.6 lbs. I didn't get much sleep for fear of rolling over on him, but I never did. My little one is how I managed to keep my sanity when my Grandson passed away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopie started off sleeping in bed with my husband and I (and the cocker spaniel) but I think she got annoyed because the cocker spaniel and I thrash around a lot so Hopie started sleeping on the floor on her own! Couldn't believe it. In Korea our bed isn't high (only about 10 inches off the floor) so she gets up in the morning and gives us kisses.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Peanut sleeps in her crate. I would be too scared of rolling over and crushing her. If she is in bed with us she likes to get right under the covers and cuddle up next to us so I think it would be far too easy to smother her and not realise.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Oh Bijoux would just lovvve to be able to sleep with me if she could and sometimes she does x.x

She's still crying in the middle of the night I have her pen beside my bed,- i'll let her fall asleep in my bed the I plop her down in her-s...exept this morning I woke up and bumped something warm with my foot and magically she was in my bed.

When she cries in the middle of the night i'm picking her up and putting her in the bed while i'm half asleep! spoiled brat ;p

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned what i'm going to say... Wouldn't it be a bit of a passion killer between you and your husband? I could never imagine wanting to do 'that' with my little fur babies in the bed with me, it would creep me out! We used to have Isabelles pen in our room and even that had to go because it was killing the mood with a little chi pitter-pattering up and down her bed while we were trying to erm - spend quality time together!
Not only that but i also agree it can make the dog have behavioural problems. We allow Aimee and Isabelle into our beds sometimes, but never to sleep. Only for weekend morning cuddles and the suchlike.

I hope nobody gets offended by my opinion because I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone else.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Bailey has slept with me since the day I brought her home. I don't move much at night and she rolls with me lol.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned what i'm going to say... Wouldn't it be a bit of a passion killer between you and your husband? I could never imagine wanting to do 'that' with my little fur babies in the bed with me, it would creep me out! We used to have Isabelles pen in our room and even that had to go because it was killing the mood with a little chi pitter-pattering up and down her bed while we were trying to erm - spend quality time together!
Not only that but i also agree it can make the dog have behavioural problems. We allow Aimee and Isabelle into our beds sometimes, but never to sleep. Only for weekend morning cuddles and the suchlike.

I hope nobody gets offended by my opinion because I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone else.
Lol! Had to laugh at the thought of it! Can just picture a couple of chi's trying to get in middle of it, you know what they're like always wanting to sit on you etc... Ha! X

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lol! Had to laugh at the thought of it! Can just picture a couple of chi's trying to get in middle of it, you know what they're like always wanting to sit on you etc... Ha! X
Exactly! I don't know how people would cope with it! Especially when the chi's sleep in their bed every night! Can just imagine Isabelle and Aimee, it would be so off putting! x

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
One of my chi's, Emmie, sleeps in her crate (open) in her playpen. Zarita has the run of the house. She usually starts out upstairs with my roommate, on top of some pillows in the front of the bed, and then ends up downstairs about 5-6 am. Sue and the chi's

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I have 11 dogs in my room at night. Marmalade chose to sleep in a crate that I have blocking the cat box, Delilah chose to sleep in the other one blocking the box. Isis sleeps in a crate because she has NO bed manners and keeps everyone awake if she's allowed in the bed. Twiggy's in a crate because of her size and bad leg, I feel more comfortable with her there. Her crate is on top of Isis', so she is almost level with the bed and it's like she is in the bed with us. Ling Ling sleeps on the floor right next to the bed. The other 6 sleep in the bed with me, have for over a year. I have never rolled over on any of them and I can be a restless sleeper. If I am having a restless night. they will move away from me so I can roll over without bothering them. None have ever fallen off the bed, either. Oh, and if my daughter isn't home, Bouncer, her lab/pit mix sleeps on the bed with us, too. He usually takes the far corner to sleep, out of my and the chis way.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts