Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I looked in the book at everybodies guess and It's not the Yellow belly sap sucker, or a oriole(we do have some varities of orioles out here. and it is not a robin... This bird is more orange and skinner then a robin.

Mandy I love those sites you posted and I checked all of them out but it is none of them...

This bird is stumping me.. wish I had a better picture... they will start coming here in pairs now.. I think this is the same bird that came here last year and stumped me..

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nabi, My book doesn't show a picture of the breeding plummage.. and Baltimore orioles are not suppose to be in oregon

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is driving me crazy.... I really want to know what this guy is.. he is beautiful....

I will try and get a better picture the next time he comes...

Tinker, I just looked at all the gosbeaks in my book.. they do have one that is that color but they are shorter and fatter than this bird... this bird is really tall and slender. (it is pretty bad when I have to ask my 12 year old daughter how to spell words...)

I will keep looking....

thanks every one for your help...

Mandy, is this driving you nuts tooo?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found a bird forum and I went over there and joined and posted the pictures. I had a couple people tell me it was a male black-headed Grosbeak. but I still am not sure becauseint he picture in the book it looks stockier than the bird on the feeder...

I am so confused...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts