Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
I posted a couple of days ago that my little chi won't eat her food all of a sudden. I went to a couple dog stores yesterday and got a food at 3 dog bakery that was a dry kibble and she gobbled it up (so did Bruiser, the big guy chi). Great. Problem solved. Well, by last night, they wanted nothing to do with the food and so skipped their meal last night and again this morning. They show signs of hunger as they go to the bowl and sniff around if I put it down. But they sniff and walk away. I heated it up even. No dice. Ugh. I also had bought a sample of Addiction Brushtail Freeze Dried Raw food and tried a little bit of that today> They seem to cautiously like it. But I am not sure how much of this to feed them. Also, it pretty much makes me sick to think about *brushtail* and what it could be. I literally gag mixing it up. There seems to be no strong smell though (it did help that I just sprayed some perfume on me and then fed the dogs). The package says 1/2 cup/day but I don't know if that is 1/2 cup before you add equal parts water or not. Thanks in advance. Any other recommendations for me appreciated.
Tricia

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that was my question to the sales guy. It's from New Zealand and his answer was "wild animal". So, I shudder when I think of Maya and Bruiser eating squirrel? Possum? I don't know what wild animals (with a brush tail perhaps?) are in New Zealand. They also have Kangaroo food. What's wrong with plain ol' chicken? haha The guy said his dogs love this though and they had a trial bag.
Tricia

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh haha! Not sure if I like the thought of my dog eating squirrels n stuff lol!!! I want to stick with chicken and beef the regular stuff lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts