Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lady seems to love the sample venison formula Ziwipeak sent to us so I am going to switch her over to this food. My cats seemed very interested in the smell of the Ziwipeak so I gave them a couple squares and they ate it. I noticed that Ziwipeak makes cat food too. Does anyone feed their cats Ziwipeak? I also wonder if the venison formula is that much different than the dog formula. It would be great to feed the all the same food!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I am sure the cat formula will have certain vitamins cats need versus the dog kind. I could not get my girls to eat the sample I got and the cats turned their nose up to ti as well lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you look through the FAQ on the Ziwipeak website there is a question about feeding the dog formula to cats. I don't have cats so I couldn't tell you what it said. I only remember seeing the question.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Taken from their site seems you can feed the cats dog version but only for a short time they say.

Q | Can my cat eat my dog’s ZiwiPeak food?
A | The short answer is no because the two cuisines are different and have been formulated to specifically meet a dog or cat’s individual and different nutritional requirements. Each cuisine contains a different balance of vitamins and minerals. However a healthy cat can eat your dog’s ZiwiPeak for a short period, but this should be kept to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My cat didn't like it,my vets cat didn't like it either.I have 3 large bags of the stuff ,wish i could give it to the dogs .Why don't you email them and ask for a sample of the cat one ,just to make sure she will eat it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts