Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so, I would really like to as my dogs get older "grow" them out of their crates and just teach them to sleep in a bed. I was thinking these beds might be a good middle ground:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300415221530&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Anyone have them? I'm wondering if they are washable. They are wayyyy cute and since I have 4 dogs it would be like having a little village hahahahaha.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Great minds think alike. Daisy's new bed arrived today.. she has her dream chi in the front room her crate is now in the kitchen as she's got run of the kitchen when i'm out now.. and ive been carrying her crate upstairs and leaving the door open at night.. well thats been killing me so i got this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628802820&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

She seems to like it, have chucked a pair of my tracksuit bottoms in there as she loves sloeeping on my clothes so she feels its more hers and that it smells of me.. will let you know if i havge a successful night with it

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG I have two of those for my dogs and they FIGHT over them. I've got to get more I think but I liked these little houses more hahahaha.

The two boys will be in crates for awhile yet but the gals are getting to where I'd rather they be in something more comfortable and, well...cute to look at...lol.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Can you two post pics of the furry pink & brown cat beds with your pups in them? I have considered those, but curious how they are in person. Also, do they wash well?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
The inner cushion comes out and i have similar bedding in Daisys crate which washes fine even on a 60 degree wash!!

I'll get photos asap just gotta start cooking dinner!! They're plenty roomy.. i think i could easily have 2 Daisy's in there with loads of room still!!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Great minds think alike. Daisy's new bed arrived today.. she has her dream chi in the front room her crate is now in the kitchen as she's got run of the kitchen when i'm out now.. and ive been carrying her crate upstairs and leaving the door open at night.. well thats been killing me so i got this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628802820&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

She seems to like it, have chucked a pair of my tracksuit bottoms in there as she loves sloeeping on my clothes so she feels its more hers and that it smells of me.. will let you know if i havge a successful night with it
I love that bed, it looks sooooo cosy

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's Oakley Shmokley in her bed (hers is brown/tan though, not exactly what Daisy has but same idea!) (its a cat bed):

(she's about to have a bath which is why she looks soooo horrified lol)

I haven't had to wash it yet (I've smelled it to make sure it smells clean...heh) but it is showing some signs of wear after about 6 months. I put little fleece blankies in it to give more snuggleability =) She is dinky in it lol, its about a square foot circle if that makes sense on the base (12" across any which way you measure the bottom).

I like how Daisy's has a smaller opening. Our opening has gotten bigger on this one because Laurel goes in it LOL and she completely fills it up and looks like an egg with her head popped out. So funny.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Awww Oakley you look sweet

I dunno if the link i gave gives the measurements..

Ok heres Daisy.. she looks like she's squashed but she's actually perched on the edge of the front because she was miffed she went in there after dinner going on.. i think she thought she was getting fed ha ha Anyway ours is by 'Trixie' she can stand up in it and stretch out so it is bigger than it looks.. She won't lay down in it on command.. i did try like i said she's peed coz she thought it was her dinner time

The dark at the back is my tracksuit bums.. she was probably taking up 1/8 of the bed.. T you could easily fit 2 -3 of your pups in one comfortably.

Its really soft and the cushioning feels very comfy

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Kristi i looked at those houses.. but couldn't find one that went well enough in my bedroom so stuck with this!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

OMG I love that bed! ha ha its like a pink egg with fur! :hello1:
I'm going to order AJ one in Giraffe print.. ha ha

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Thank you ladies for posting the pics. I'm always reluctant to order something when it's just a pic on a website. I love both beds that you ladies have! Lexie's 3rd Birthday is the 20th of this month, so I think I'll order both. :D Kristi, where did you get yours? My guys LOVE sherpa, and it appears to have a sherpa bottom?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you ladies for posting the pics. I'm always reluctant to order something when it's just a pic on a website. I love both beds that you ladies have! Lexie's 3rd Birthday is the 20th of this month, so I think I'll order both. :D Kristi, where did you get yours? My guys LOVE sherpa, and it appears to have a sherpa bottom?
It does have a sherpa bottom. They lurrrrve it ;-) I got it at our local pet store, but when I get home tonight I'll try to remember to check the brand so I can let you know what it is =)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Whats Sherpa??

I like the fact on Daisys that its so dark inside so she can snuggle up all 'den' like and feel safe

·
Registered
544 Posts
OK, so, I would really like to as my dogs get older "grow" them out of their crates and just teach them to sleep in a bed. I was thinking these beds might be a good middle ground:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300415221530&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Anyone have them? I'm wondering if they are washable. They are wayyyy cute and since I have 4 dogs it would be like having a little village hahahahaha.
They are cute but since you can't toss them in the washing machine, that pretty much takes them out of the running as far as I'm concerned. They have foam inside the fabric and that doesn't hold up to washing, even by hand, which is what the ad says. Plus, it hold odors. Just something to think about before spending that much money on beds.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are cute but since you can't toss them in the washing machine, that pretty much takes them out of the running as far as I'm concerned. They have foam inside the fabric and that doesn't hold up to washing, even by hand, which is what the ad says. Plus, it hold odors. Just something to think about before spending that much money on beds.
I did read they are only hand washable and didn't know how foam washes...that bums me out because of how cute they are :-/ I also thought they are a little over priced but just think they are wayyyy cute :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts