Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fixing to be moving back in with my sons father & were redoing the flooring in the house & painting the walls. I found this beautiful wood laminate flooring & were putting it in the master bedroom & tiling the rest of the house except for my sons room were keeping carpet in there so he can sit on the floor & play without getting a cold butt. Ive never had wood floors & was wondering if any one has any opinions on them?

·
Registered
696 Posts
hiya hun i have them in the front room we put a lovley real wool rug in the middle of the room its fab they are great when you have kids or animals soooo easy to wipe down and brush the mess up really good id reckamend them to anyone so easy to keep up with .

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
MrSnugglesMummy said:
hiya hun i have them in the front room we put a lovley real wool rug in the middle of the room its fab they are great when you have kids or animals soooo easy to wipe down and brush the mess up really good id reckamend them to anyone so easy to keep up with .

Im gald u agree with me because my mum says she wants carpet every where! but in the kitchen n hall would be great to have laminate flooring :roll: :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've only heard from other people with wood floors that if you have pets, if it's true wood flooring, it's more prone to scratching. Pergo floors (synthetic wood) guard against this scratching. Again, I have no experience, it's only what I've heard. It's the reason we chose to go with ceramic tile over wood in our house.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
NoahFL said:
I've only heard from other people with wood floors that if you have pets, if it's true wood flooring, it's more prone to scratching. Pergo floors (synthetic wood) guard against this scratching. Again, I have no experience, it's only what I've heard. It's the reason we chose to go with ceramic tile over wood in our house.
Do you have ceramic tile all over your house? The other day I mentioned I'd like to get rid of my carpeting and replace it with ceramic tile and everybody just looked at me funny. I'd love Pergo but I think Lily would slip and slide all over the place. All I know is that I hate my carpet and I need a change. :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
ourt wooden flooring isnt scrathed weve had it down for 3 yrs and we have two cats and now two dogs running around on it its not the exspensive stuff either .

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Do you have ceramic tile all over your house? The other day I mentioned I'd like to get rid of my carpeting and replace it with ceramic tile and everybody just looked at me funny. I'd love Pergo but I think Lily would slip and slide all over the place. All I know is that I hate my carpet and I need a change.
This is a newly built home and the builder was charging outrageous pricing for ceramic, so we have mainly carpet. I do ceramic tile as a hobby so I imagine when the carpet gets worn, I'll be tiling myself. :) It's actually pretty easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i have laminate..... (so it's not real wood) and that's really great!! it has a nice and warm feeling and it's very easy to clean........be aware of scratches from their nails :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Ive got eleven boxes of the do it yourself laminate wood flooring Its really pretty I just hope it holds up well. Its only going in the master bedroom so once you put in my kingsize bed I dont think Ill have much floor to look at the room isnt very big. I hope I made the right chioce in getting this floor.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I did all the ceramic tiling in our house, counting the floors in the kitchen baths, laundry room and entry hall and the walls in the shower and the tub surround it was over 1000 square feet of tile and it was easy. It's also proved to be perfect, easy to care for and not too slick for zoomies.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
NoahFL said:
Do you have ceramic tile all over your house? The other day I mentioned I'd like to get rid of my carpeting and replace it with ceramic tile and everybody just looked at me funny. I'd love Pergo but I think Lily would slip and slide all over the place. All I know is that I hate my carpet and I need a change. :lol:

I' ve been to many houses to help with projects and have been to a house that had ceramic tiling on the floor. It looked rreally nice and elegant. I say if you have an idea go with it. That's how design starts, with that one person doing something unique.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my 2 favorite floors are ceramic tile and pergo! we have pergo in our kitchen, has it for a few years. it's holding up great (3 adults walking on it all the time, it's survived 5 dogs, and also my daughters toddlerhood, it's also holding up nicely with bike riding and tap lessons too :shock: dont' tell my stepfather!) it has also survived the washing machine breaking and spitting out a whole super loads worth of water and soap! i'm not big on walking on ceramic tle though my uncles old house had it and i slipped alot on it lol.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know what you meen about slipping on tile floors. The other night I took a wild ride down my tiled hallway. My son left a toy truck in the hall that I forgot to puck up before bed & I went sneaking down the hall for a midnight snack I stepped on the truck & went flying down the hall & now lets just say I wont be sneaking any snacks till my butt isnt black & blue.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
I Luv Taders said:
I know what you meen about slipping on tile floors. The other night I took a wild ride down my tiled hallway. My son left a toy truck in the hall that I forgot to puck up before bed & I went sneaking down the hall for a midnight snack I stepped on the truck & went flying down the hall & now lets just say I wont be sneaking any snacks till my butt isnt black & blue.

hmmm that might keep my tushy out of the kitchen ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts