Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I tried Tango on Blue Buffalo. He was less than enthusiastic, and he wouldn't eat those little extra pieces (they have a name for 'em, I've forgotten it) at ALL. I will say though, that they were really good about honoring their guarantee and taking the bag back and giving me my money back when I gave up trying to make him like it.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I switched from Blue Buffalo to Evo Innova, the difference in Tango's enthusiasm for food was remarkable. I'd never have guessed dogs could be that opinionated about kibble! But with the Blue Buffalo, it was obvious he was eating it just when he got too hungry, and he wasn't very interested even when he DID eat. Plus it looked like he was eating just enough to not be hungry any more, because there was always some left in the bowl.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
A friend of mine had her chi on that food and he ate only when he had to and he WOULD NOT eat the extra little black pieces of food in there. She gave me some to see if Willy would eat them and NOPE, not even Willy would eat the pieces. Both dogs left them behind.
She spoke to the girl at pet smart who is a rep of the food and she said the black pieces were the vitamins and minerals, so they were separate pieces.
I think this is a bad idea as that means the vits are given out at random depending on how much comes out when your pour/scoop the food out of the bag, so one day they might get more and one day less. And in the case of her dog and Willy, they weren't even eatting those pieces

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
dexter is on blue buffalo as a precautionary food. as in when no one cooks his lunch he has that to eat when he gets hungry. he eats the kibble but not the black peices as well. i wonder what they are to not let any chi eat it! haha! blue wilderness. i dont think the ingredients are bad at all and its the only kibble he will come close to eating when left out. weve tried wellness, natural balance, totw and he didnt even touch those

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The black pieces are the actual vitamins and minerals! lol So basically....the kibble is the chocolate bar and the black pieces are the carrots and broccoli LOL!!! The chi's are going for the good stuff and leaving the bad behind ;-) lol

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey just started EVO Small bites and lovesssss it..for awhile anyway. The bites are very small.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad I read this thread before I left I definately won't be getting blue buffalo. I think I will try EVO.

Is it ok to give a puppy adult or should I stick with puppy?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is EVO and EVO Innova the same thing? And I don't see a puppy formula so I guess just the small bites. And if I use this is it ok to switch up the flavors?

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Chico eats Blue Buffalo, its easier to find than EVO around here. I prefer EVO but Chico eats the BB just fine, although he eats the dark bits last but he does eat them..... I have also found that if the dog food is itty bitty pieces, he won't eat them....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input everyone, I actually found a seller of EVO not far from me, amazing. So I got some we will see how it goes, I like the ingrediants.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OH NO!! Now i'm finding all these posts on here about evo giving their dogs diarrhea. The whole reason i'm switching from raw is because Pepper has been haaving horrible diarrhea and i'm tired of having to wash her butt every time she poops, which is 10 times a day because of the diarrhea, it's hard to do because of all the fur the runny stuff gets stuck in it and i've even trimmed the hair around her anus. Help *cry*.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We almost got our little Jaxon Blue Buffalo, but the lady at petsmart told us to get him Nutro Ultra. She said that some dogs have digestion problems while switching. This is why we strayed away, Jaxon is already a VERY picky eater. He has already been through 3 different brands of food.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
i feed all 5 of my dogs blue buffalo and since switching a year ago they have amazingly shiny hair they don't shed anymore and they LOVE it. I guess it all depends on the dog.

The dog Tracilea is talking about is my dogs puppy and he ate the food fine while he was in my care so it may have just been from the environment change. I highly recommend it from my own experience.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I don't agree at the food being chocolate bars either all of the ingredients are healthy and grain free the extra vitamins may be in the little bits but the overall food is loaded with good ingredients

1 - 20 of 20 Posts