Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of the chi's on here are rescues, but I was wondering of anyone keeps in touch with their breeder and/or foster parents after adoption? The only one I talk to about every two weeks (mostly to send pics) is Leo's breeder. She's always asking how he is doing and wants to know what's new. She had a hard time parting w him and wanted to keep him for a potential show dog, but has kids with special needs who require a lot of time and attention.

I really love that we keep in touch and I feel like she has provided lots of emotional support for me and Leo, especially in the beginning. I've never had this type of great relationship before but I'm happy I do! Whether its good news or not so good news I have to share, she's always there!

Anyone else keep contact with their breeder? Or is this kinda rare??

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I keep in touch with Miya's breeder. I always like to send her pictures and we talk about how she's grown and Miya's family. She sends me pics of Miya's brothers and sisters/mom & dad..lol even cousins. I love it. She is such a nice person. I wish we could visit, but it's a hefty drive.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I have called and written Bonnie's breeder. She never answers her email. I sent her pictures, not a word from her! I do talk with her over the phone, and she is always so happy to hear! Can't figure her out---she did this before I got Bonnie too. Always communicated via phone.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I did promise to but I have a hard time keeping them still to take pics ha ha!! I'm going to text each one of them today with an update :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been keeping in touch with Taco and Tsunami's breeder. She is just simply awesome. Answers all questions I have, get the scoop on what dogs she is showing etc. She said she is there for me for the life of the dogs, which I think is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
i have a webcam setup so I can watch my doggies from work.... I have given this URL to Kody's breeder so she can watch ... she loves it and logs in many times......

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have offered to babysit for some of my fosters. I will have one for two weeks starting Sunday. I like to hear how they're doing, but rarely do adopters keep in touch in my limited experience. I wish they would, but I'm not going to intrude on their lives! I just hope everyone is happy, canine and human alike.

I have a photo of one of my fosters, Marley, on my nightstand. i wish they'd let me know how he is doing, but that hasn't happened.

It's nice that you keep in touch with the breeders, even if they don't respond.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Max was supposed to be a show dog too but ended up with us due to his undescended testicle! His breeder runs training classes so we get to see her every week when we go! She is only a 30 minute drive away so we are quite lucky. It's handy for us as we can ask any questions when we see her and she will also look after him when we go holiday which is good as not sure we would trust anyone else with him.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have Gemma's breeder on Facebook. She loves seeing pictures of Gemma and always shares my album of Gemma on her wall. Gemma was her favorite of the litter and she was a little sad when it was time for her to leave.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's so nice to see people keep in touch with their breeders! I'm jealous of those who can visit theirs!! I wish mine was closer!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I have kept in touch with the breeder I got Lady from even those I got my pup as an adult. She is always responsive to my questions which I appreciate. If I ever got a playmate for Lady, I would go back to her again. I have also sent some of my favorite pics of Lady too.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We don't keep in close contact, but I have talked with Chloe's breeder. They just had their last litter of chihuahuas though, and she's not going to breed anymore. It's a mom and two daughters. They all breed different breeds. So, Chloe's breeder is just going to help her mom and sister now. They're also moving to Idaho. So, there's no chance we will see her. She's made it very clear though that even though they are moving I can always call or email if there is ever anything that I need.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I email once in a while with pictures. It goes to her husbands inbox but I know shes reading and looking at the picture. I don't hear back but I knew when I got Daisy she wasn't good at email and perfers phone calls. I know even though I don't get a reponse back that they enjoy the emails. Rocki, I sometimes send her text pics and such.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yes, we email back and forth. She likes to get pictures of Toby as he is growing up. And we got Rocky from her, too. Plus, my mom is considering getting one of her retired breeding girls, who is two years old but cannot be bred anymore. So we definitely stay in touch.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
The only reason we chose to get Odie is because the breeder is a personal friend of my best friend's. Now she's a friend on facebook! It's almost a bad thing though, because I get to see all the new puppies and she had a little Odie in her last litter. So tempting!

I'm always adding pics of Odie on my fb, and the breeder is always "liking" and commenting on them. She really cares, gives advice whenever I need it, and it's great to stay in touch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts