Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latte has not been spayed. the previous owner did tell me this before i took her but she didnt tell me she was in heat. ( i think she probably just came into heat) and she is bleeding quite a bit. When Minnie and Tootsie went in heat, you could hardly tell, they would clean themselfs so you could not notice any blood.

so, i want to get some doggie panties for her, and i did a search and saw some places on etsy and ebay, but it would be nice to order from a site someone here is already happy with ...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am from UK, and I ordered on ebay. The seller I bought from is glenndarcy (you can do the search and you get to see the pants). She has good pos feedback and I think she ships international. BUT...if you can get anything from USA, it would be cheaper for the shipping I think.

The pants I have is like baby diaper, and I also have to stick a mini towel on that, and that save me watching the pants everyday (the seller's idea). Bonnie (one of my girls) only just finished her season. I put it on her only at night while she sleeps with us. She is pretty clean during the day time and hardly noticeable that she's in season.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from UK, and I ordered on ebay. The seller I bought from is glenndarcy (you can do the search and you get to see the pants). She has good pos feedback and I think she ships international. BUT...if you can get anything from USA, it would be cheaper for the shipping I think.

The pants I have is like baby diaper, and I also have to stick a mini towel on that, and that save me watching the pants everyday (the seller's idea). Bonnie (one of my girls) only just finished her season. I put it on her only at night while she sleeps with us. She is pretty clean during the day time and hardly noticeable that she's in season.
thanks, i will search for that seller on ebay. so , your girl doesnt mind wearing them? Thats a great idea to leave them on at night. i'd like her to sleep in the bed with me but dont want the little bloodstains on my sheets and blankets. i did see some really cute panties for sale from US on etsy.com. they come in all different pretty fabric choices with ruffles on the behind. lol.
so, not sure yet where i will order from. i just hope she doesnt mind wearing them....

·
Registered
204 Posts
No I have put on the pants on my 2 older girls when they have their first season (I let them have the first season first before getting them spayed because I just couldn't bear to put them through a spaying operation when they were still very young and small). Bonnie just finished her season, so I will wait for 3 months and she can be sprayed. She walked funny the first night but after that, she's fine. Just make sure you let your girl to have a pee before heading to bed, otherwise you would end up having a wet pants. lol

I think the best of the pants is you can put the smallest panty liner on there but it's like baby diaper that is tight around the legs area, so no leaking with that type of pants.

·
Registered
204 Posts
PS I bought some fancy ones for my 2 older girls before, but it's so messy with those. They are like actual knickers with a hole for the tail to pop out. But it's baggy, so it leaked have to admit and I have to change bedding almost everyday at that time. I invested these half way through the 2 older girls' season and never went back to those fancy pants. lol

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS I bought some fancy ones for my 2 older girls before, but it's so messy with those. They are like actual knickers with a hole for the tail to pop out. But it's baggy, so it leaked have to admit and I have to change bedding almost everyday at that time. I invested these half way through the 2 older girls' season and never went back to those fancy pants. lol
oh, i'm glad you told me that the fancy ones didnt work as good. maybe then i will get the ones that you ordered if you were happy with them...
i'm still not sure about getting Latte spayed. The lady that gave me her , gave me her with the agrreement that if for any reason i could no longer keep her, that i would give her back to her. So, she seemed to feel afraid to get Latte spayed because of her weight, she's only 3 pounds 6 ounces. i will have to discuss it with her again, if she wants me to spay Latte or not. we both want whats best for her, she's so little and sweet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do what you feel like to do regarding spaying, but I personally would spay my girls, simply because I cannot deal with the mess all the time, even only twice a year, and with the health problems (which I heard about it a lot) and have experienced with cats with the big C, so not spaying is never my option. There are members on here who have dogs weight less than 2 lbs / 3 lbs and the dogs recovered pretty well. My girls were 2.9lbs and 3lbs when they were spayed and took only a day or so to recover from the general anesthetic. If you op for that option later, you just have to do your search to make sure the vet knows and experiences to spay small dogs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Lacey still needs to be spayed. The breeder didn't tell me when she was last in heat, either, so I'm freaking out hoping I can get her spay done before I have to deal with this. ANYWAY...the breeder recommended just the Simple Solution Diapers from Petco. She gave me a couple just in case. They come in quite a few different patterns and sizes. I think the ones she gave me were the XS PUP'sters ones.

Simple Solution PUP'sters Disposable Diapers in Princess Prints at PETCO

·
Registered
573 Posts
oh, i'm glad you told me that the fancy ones didnt work as good. maybe then i will get the ones that you ordered if you were happy with them...
i'm still not sure about getting Latte spayed. The lady that gave me her , gave me her with the agrreement that if for any reason i could no longer keep her, that i would give her back to her. So, she seemed to feel afraid to get Latte spayed because of her weight, she's only 3 pounds 6 ounces. i will have to discuss it with her again, if she wants me to spay Latte or not. we both want whats best for her, she's so little and sweet.
The breeder I got Lacey from had me sign the same agreement, which is why I'm wondering if it's okay to get her spayed or not. I know it's best for her, but the breeder insisted her vet won't spay any dog under 5lbs and most vets here agree and won't. She also said she SHOULDN'T be spayed.
My vet has done rat spays/neuters, so I'd trust her. Lacey's only 3.12lb. I do worry about her having a problem with the anesthesia...she had quite a bad reaction to her rabies vaccine, and it was only given at half the normal dose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.