Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper has all of the sudden started hiding his treats. Lately he will take his greenie in his mouth and walk around with it whining. He just walks around trying to find a place to hide it crying with it hanging in his mouth. He even drools. Finally he'll find a spot and burry it. Does anyone elses chi's do this?? Or does anyone know why he is wandering around crying? I find it so strange! :)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, that's probably why. I just think it is funny that he cries while he looks for a spot to hide it. It makes me feel so sorry for him :D

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ah Poor Cooper trying to hide his treats. It would make me sad when he cried too Auggie loves it when we hide treats in his blankie :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo hides his treats and eats them later he has always done that-- i think they have a natural instinct to do that....also now that Bindi is here if he hides the treat she watches him and then goes and eats it. Kemo looks at me like "MOM she ate my cookie!!!!!!"

Its a never ending battle :roll:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kemo's mamma said:
Kemo hides his treats and eats them later he has always done that-- i think they have a natural instinct to do that....also now that Bindi is here if he hides the treat she watches him and then goes and eats it. Kemo looks at me like "MOM she ate my cookie!!!!!!"

Its a never ending battle :roll:
That is hillarious!!! What a smart little thing Bindi is. Kemo will have to learn to be more sneaky!! lol too funny! But does Kemo cry when he is finding a spot to hide his treat? That's what I dont understand. :D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Echo tries to hide hers in plain site! She will take it and rub the carpet like she is trying to push something over it to cover it but there is nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rosie hides her treats and toys under my pillow,,,,,,,,as soon as I hit the bed at night...there she goes, digging them out !!!! no sleep for me for at least an hour before she hides them back and settles down to sleep. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
we give oliver and mimi treats in the morning before we leave for work. when i get home it seems like they've eaten the treats, but then oliver brings them out into the livingroom and starts snacking. i think he's hiding them from mimi and he must be doing a good job because she always looks surprised when he starts pulling them out in the evening. chis are such funny babies!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
we give oliver and mimi treats in the morning before we leave for work. when i get home it seems like they've eaten the treats, but then oliver brings them out into the livingroom and starts snacking. i think he's hiding them from mimi and he must be doing a good job because she always looks surprised when he starts pulling them out in the evening. chis are such funny babies!!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my uncle used to have a beagle that i puppy sat for and she would hide all her treats too. she would walk around looking for a spot for like hours. it was funny cause she would hide the not so yummy ones reeeal deep inside the couch but the yummy ones she would hide behind the hamper or in the corner, on the side of the couch. and she would make the "burrying" motion with her nose like she was pushing something over it too!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KJsChihuahuas said:
Echo tries to hide hers in plain site! She will take it and rub the carpet like she is trying to push something over it to cover it but there is nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha, cooper does this too. He isn't a very good hider yet, but he sure tries his hardest!!! :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's so funny...Charlie doesn't hide his treats, he eats them as fast as he can :snorting: He hides his toys under the bed though. He whines all the time, to get down off my lap, to get back up two seconds later... but I've never seen him whine while he was hiding something Cooper is unique there I think lol :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Food Hiding

My Sybil also does same thing and it just started about 2 years ago. She use to eat good now she eats when I get home after 5:00 and not until then. I started noticing when I would give her and Bailey a treat, Bailey eats hers immediately while Sybil licks hers, then she starts looking for the hiding place while she is whinning. Then when she finds the place usually out in the open, she will hide it and back up and wait about 3 foot from the hiding place for several minutes, then she seems to forget about it unless Bailey gets too close then she goes through the whole process again, and sometimes, I don't mind telling you, I just take the treat back until such a time comes when she comes to me asking for a treat. Strange Loving creatures these chis.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts