Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I am just getting to the point of being able to use a finger brush on Lady's teeth. It is neither easy or fun for either of us. I am looking for some product to help with dental care (Luckily Prince tolerates a toothbrush well). Has anyone used the product below. It seems to be rated highly. You sprinkle on food and it works systemically. Both my guys came to me just having had a dental cleaning so I am trying to make that cleaning last. They do eat Ziwipeak and they get bully sticks.

http://www.amazon.com/Proden-PlaqueOff-Dental-Care-180gm/dp/B000QAEQXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350914902&sr=8-1&keywords=Proden

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I've never used it, sorry. Toby loves getting his teeth l brushed!

I do know that a ton of forum members use a gel that you rub on their teeth but for he life of me I don't remember the name of it.

I'd search the product name on the site, maybe there will be some posts with reviews, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
121 Posts
Never tried that particular one, but I ise something called VetzLife oral care gel that our vet reccomended. It comes in salmon and mint. Skynyrd absolutely hates having his teeth brushed, so it's a lot easier to use this, as long as you can get a quick swipe on, you're good. The mint is pretty strong, and probably doesn't taste very good but the salmon made his breath terrible lol.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I've been using it about 3 weeks now, I think it's making a difference, hard to tell so soon, but I will report back :) It gets great reviews on Amazon so it's well worth a try, far cheaper than a dental!

·
Banned
20 Posts
I use Petzlife spray. It really does help. Every night before bed, everyone gets their mouth squirted. I brush teeth 4-5 times a week and we don't have to do dentals at all.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yes, I was using it for Gemma. I only got to use it for a few weeks before she started having her skin issues. Since then I've stopped feeding her everything including her Plaque Off and am only giving her Grasslands Acana to see if her skin issues clear up. I think it was working alright, but I didn't use it long enough to determine if it made any big changes. I read that allergic reactions to the product can occur in dogs that are sensitive or allergic to algae, so I'm not chancing it until she clears up so I can be more certain whether or not it was causing a problem.

Also, it was very easy to add to her food. It comes with a tiny spoon for measuring and I used half of a spoon sprinkled over her dinner. She didn't notice it at all. One container of it was more than a years worth for Gemma, so it's a great value with small dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts