Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While petting Skylar last night, I noticed in her tail that her chocolate hairs are all far shorter than her tan colored hairs. All her tan hairs are about 3" longer than the chocolate.
It's funny to me that they seemingly grew according to color. :dontknow:

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Maybe because Chocolate is a dilute color? I know I have seen blues hair grow like that where the blue didnt grow as long as the other color mix but I just assumed that was alopecia (sp?)

·
Registered
101 Posts
My long hair did the same thing, except he's all black long hair, and has this undercoat of golden brown hairs that just kinda only grew about 2 in and stopped and the rest of the black hair grew to almost 6 in before I shaved him. Now he looks almost brindle with it all blending.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Maybe because Chocolate is a dilute color? I know I have seen blues hair grow like that where the blue didnt grow as long as the other color mix but I just assumed that was alopecia (sp?)
I was thinking that must have something to do with it too. Mileys tan fur is a bit longer than her blue, you notice it the most in her tail too b/c the top is blue and really short and the bottom side is tan and fuller. Reese is a choc and tan and his fur is all the same length though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts