Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does you chi watch tv? edited to add video

I know that sounds crazy....but hubby and I are watching Marley and Me and Addy is sitting behind me on the couch. She starts watching the movie and barking and growling at the tv. We had to change the channel:cool: I told hubby we should watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua...she would like that better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Mine will watch it. they were in their Pac n plays in my sewing room during Xmas eve since we had guests. I turned on the tv in there, and went and checked on them, and they were all staring at the tv lol!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
All the time - Pippi will paw and whine at you if you turn it over when shes watching something! Maisie will watch too occasionally, but Pippi loves tv!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey love to watch TV esp Dog show. Like Pitbulls and Parolies on animal planet. She does not like our local news traffic annoucer, when she hears his voice she goes trying to get at him. I want to take video someday and send it to him.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I had always been told dogs can't see TV's. I don't know where it came from but that just seems to be the general consensus among people I know?

Bryco & Trigger both bark whenever they hear another dog or a doorbell on TV though.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Shayley doesn't but Kizzie does! Nothing like my old dog Pooey use to. There was a beer commercial that use to play all the time and they had a guy dressed in a bird outfit saying "Cheap Cheap Fun Fun!" and when she saw/heard him she went dashing to the TV barking. LOL IT was so cute!

·
Registered
477 Posts
My two will watch if there are dogs or something that catches their attention. They respond to a phone ringing or someone knocking on a door. My Lacy would go nuts if there was a sword fight on TV. She would rush the TV, barking and growling. She didn't respond to anything else like that. I think it was the sound of the swords clanging and striking each other. I leave the TV on for Cosmo and Lavender when I'm gone, just for the company.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard that dogs couldnt see tv either. None of my dogs have ever responded to the tv before. I guess that is only a myth:confused: Here is the video I got of Addy watching it. It took forever to download from my phone to youtube.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Chip doesn't really pay attention to the TV but one of my pugs, Pogo LOVES TV! She watches what ever we do and will lay right in front of the TV and stare at it. She barks at any animals she sees, dogs, horses, cats, whatever. And she watches the shows and will growl and mumble occasionally. It's hysterical, like she knows what's going on! It's a lot of fun!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Betty loooves tv. We often see her watching shows with us. SHe despises any dog on tv/pictures on the computer though! So we always have to correct her when she starts to growl/bark at them. She is getting much better. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
If something on tv catches Peanuts attention such as dogs barking she will stop and watch it for a while, but not for long as everything seems to catch her attention at the moment.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeh pretty much exact same with Cici lol she watches it and when she hears dogs barking or anything like that she barks at the telly :p its cute lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the not being able to see TV is a myth..maybe they can't see the colors and only see shapes or something.. Baxter likes to watch tv..anything we watch he'll just lay down and stare at it with us lol. He doesn't bark at dogs on tv but he will tilt his head if they are making noises lol.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Haha addy - kristy your room echos so much and her barking is funny

Daisy couldn't give a stuff lotus however gets pretty angry she growls and barks and people and dogs if dogs start barking well that's it she has to tell them to get out her house it's quite amusing

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Our Freckles LOVES t.v. he will watch it all the time he love anything with cats or dogs.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie watches everything on tv, but pays the most attention to anything on Animal Planet or National Geographic, much like her human mommy.

Pedro has only paid attention to the television once, and that was when he heard the voice of the woman who originally rescued him on the local news. It was a very sweet moment!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Zoey love to watch TV esp Dog show. Like Pitbulls and Parolies on animal planet. She does not like our local news traffic annoucer, when she hears his voice she goes trying to get at him. I want to take video someday and send it to him.
Quark likes that show too :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha addy - kristy your room echos so much and her barking is funny

Daisy couldn't give a stuff lotus however gets pretty angry she growls and barks and people and dogs if dogs start barking well that's it she has to tell them to get out her house it's quite amusing
LOL thanks Sarah :) Echos from not having any carpeting

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Dahlia always reacts to people raising their voices on tv
or a man with a deep voice.She barks at them! :)
I have sound around and a big screen tv and it confuses her I think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts