Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lil Cha Cha is continuously teasing and infuriating my larger dog Keka(Australian Heeler). Keka is an older dog. Cha-Cha is 14 weeks old. She growls her little Taz growl, jumps on Keka's back, bites her ears, darts at her face, bites and pulls at her lip, bites her ankles, etc.... Keka growls and barks at Cha but never hurts her. Then they go into a barking match back and forth...I know they're playing but I can tell that Keka gets very stressed sometimes and becomes very angry. That's when she'll nip Cha-Cha, but even though Cha will let out a yelp, she always comes right back and starts harassing poor Keka again. The two cats bite Cha's ears and she'll let out a cry but she always comes back for more.... She's like a WILD CHILD, zooming around like she's totally out of control. Does anyone else have this situation? I'm worried that when Cha gets older, bigger and alittle stronger that someone is really going to get hurt... Also the "darting" thing, she does with my face once in awhile. Will Cha-Cha grow out of this and find her ranking in the family or what? :cry:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
OH you have a Bindi too huh? :shock: Kemo gets irked at her and she does not let up - I presume they will be the best of buds when she is his age.....until then I will just be referee between them....*sigh*
Bindi has been really bad this week I swear she has PMS............at least you are suffering with me :)

I am sure they will calm dwn (fingers crossed) :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<whew>. I can't thank you enough for your reply. I feel much better. It's funny because once Cha-Cha has worn herself out, she would like to sleep next to Keka at night sometimes. Keka of course is so on guard after intercepting all of Cha-cha's boxing gloves that she growls at Cha everytime she gets close to her.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella is the boss...no two ways about it !! Even though Nabi has an 15 lb advantage, Bella calls all of the shots ! Then Bella wants to cuddle up with Nabi for a nap and poor Nab is scared to death of her !

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey does that w/ one of my cats. SHe's such a laid back cat but she does not like the dogs. Kismet will not bother her but Mikey torments her. I beleive he stresses her out. i have to stop him all the time :roll: She is way bigger than Mikey but he could care less

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have the exact same thing going on here. Frasier is five pounds and 4 months. I have a beautiful Burmese (Asian-type of cat). He's 10 pounds and 12 years old. He could rip Frasier open from head to tail with one swipe of his paw. But, thank God he hasn't. He likes to play with Frasier for short bits of time. Frasier doesn't understand a little bit of play though. He just keeps going and going and going. The cat has gently bitten him twice - just warning nips. He yelps and goes right back for me. When I know the cat has had enough I simply start referring and make Frasier back off.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Cody and Callie do that to each other. But most of the time Callie is the initiator and she is much smaller than Cody. Two minutes later they'll be snuggled up asleep together.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Can you provide the older dog with a place to go to get away from Cha Cha when she's had enough?
This would give Keka time to unstress if she needed to.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When they go into their barking match, they go on and on..... I finally put Keka in the master bedroom. I feel guilty for doing that because she can't help herself. When I let her out... they're back at it again... <argh>. I realize Keka likes some of the play action but when she gets really angry she won't walk away. She'll cry as if she's stressed and growl at Cha and try and catch her. I'm hoping this will fade as Cha gets older. I'm glad to read that some of you are going thru. a similar situation. This is a great forum. :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts