Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yoda has a soft spot on his head and of course the vet told me that it is possible for them to develp water on the brain or seizures. But in my Chihuahua book , it says that those are false and vets who are not familiar with the Chi breed often tell the owners that. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The open fontanella makes them more suspectable to severe head trauma, which can lead to hydroencephalitis, or neurologic problems. So having a molera doesn't directly cause these problems, just puts them at greater risk if they are dropped or hit on the head. Usually most toy breed owners aren't going to beat their dog on the head so it's not something vets usually bring up during exam. But be careful about dropping your pup, I have actually seen a few cases where accidental head trauma was fatal in toy breed puppies.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
The hole should close up some too - took awhile for Bindi's but it has closed all the way now - thank goodness, Kemo was always slamming her head in the wall when they wrestled... :roll:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi has one and it's closed up some since i got her.... her vet just told me to be extra careful.... said the same thing nate said....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jager has one and loves to scare me to death by running under the chairs in the kitchen and bumping his little head.... he just gets so excited he takes off then I hear thud thud thud thud :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts