Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make Dahlias special breakfast sometimes lunch before I eat.
She gets scrambled eggs or raw chunks with nupro/salmon oil.
This is to satisfy her before I eat and not make her feel bad.
But thats not enough!! She wants my lunch too!!
She will stand at the gate and watch me eat all pouty after
she has had a good meal.Im telling you this girl can eat and
she is just a snippet!! I am lucky though.So many people have
picky chis.Dahlia would eat all day and you would have to roll
her along like the little blueberry girl in Willy Wonka!!
Thank you god for a great chi eating machine & great vacume cleaner!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yep i have 3 moochers here too.:)
The good thing is when the OH is here they stand at him and leave me to eat, once he is done though, they come back over.
I dont give in no matter what, and they know it. lol

They are so cute the way they all stand in line waiting for a crumb to fall. haha!!. x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I get the sad eyes look,then as soon as i've finished up she jumps and licks for any crumbs,will eat anything

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yep, our food always is better than their food no matter what, their crates are in the kitchen and we feed them while we are eating so they are scratching the crap out of our legs while begging. They always stand at the closest corner in their crates and just beg with sad eyes like there were never fed before. When Zoey is feeling good, she would eat until her stomach burst. She has no 'off' switch in her stomach.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww hehe. Oh yes, what we have is always most appealing! :lol: Mine are actually really good about it though. I just say, ok guys move back, I'm eating now, and they will leave me alone. They pretty much always know when I mean business and they listen well. But yeah, it's a dog's nature to *always* want to eat, I think. :D Pip is my food centric one, but he listens really well when I say no, move back. He'll go play with his ball or go to his bed etc.

Sometimes if I'm having a snack Roo will give me sad "me too mommy?" eyes. hehe. She never gets anything though, I'm really strict about not giving them anything other than their own dinner and treats.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lol Aw bless her. Yes, mine are the same way. They always want something no matter what, sometimes I give in though! It's not easy saying no to Chi faces lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yep, with my two it's a wonder I ever have to vacuum the floors, I have a couple downright hoovers. Nothing picky about this crew, they'll eat absolutely anything I give them in fear they wont receive anything again :]

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol too cute dahlia! dexter even when hes eaten a bowl worth of cooked chicken and the THK meal...he gives me those eyes and paws me to death wanting what im eating LOL

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Our two are little eating machines, too, but they are very polite with their 'begging'.

They won't jump up on you or whine or bark, they will just sit at your feet and stare at you.

My husband and I have learned not to make eye contact with them while we're eating. Once you do, you're in trouble!

I did give Gracie too much credit the other day, though...I left a bag of my favourite sour cream and cheddar chips on the couch wide open while running to the kitchen for a napkin, and when I came back all you could see was her tail sticking out of the bag of Lays...(And of course the camera was nowhere in sight.) She heard me and backed out with chip crumbs all over her face!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts