Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it commom for Chihs to be dog aggressive? Im noticing Sunny becoming more so in the last couple of weeks. I think its becouse hes grown more attached to and more protective to the family. He will even growl at dogs on TV. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Mine arew more aggressive towards bigger dogs than dogs of their own size - they would never bite they just bark and make alot of noise :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
My chi's are dog aggressive towards big dogs also. They will bark and go crazy with any dog that walks by, but play well with tiny dogs. I dont think my dogs would actually attack another one (well besides Kylie it turns out :x ) but it is quite common because of their size to be fear agressive.
You could try enrolling your chi in a dog class for socialization if its becoming a problem, otherwise maybe take them out with you to the local pet store and socialize them there. I dont really bother socializing Ginger much because she is too small in my oppinion to be anywhere else where dogs are, unless I trust the dogs.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Savaaha said:
Is it commom for Chihs to be dog aggressive? Im noticing Sunny becoming more so in the last couple of weeks. I think its becouse hes grown more attached to and more protective to the family. He will even growl at dogs on TV. Any suggestions?
I just posted in Chi Chat about this...Poppy hs become very aggressive towards new people coming to the house..she hasnt met another dog yet, goodness knows what thats going to do to her!! :D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Echo LOVES everyone and everything! I wish she would be more skidish around people I am afraid someone can take her that easy if she's not. Scooby on the other hand doesnt like new people or other dogs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was told by my vet that agressiviness is a common trait and if you socialize the dog then they "calm down in the agressivness department so you won't run the chance of having to put them down."

He's put down 5 in his whole career that were so aggressive no one could handle them or even be near them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts