Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this off of another list I am on but :-(

LETS try to get the word out about the upcoming dog auction that was sent to me.

Would be nice if we could help get them good homes.

You can also go to www.horststablesauc tions.com and get more information

the auction where I got Thorp will be held again next week and there is a litter of CC Powder Puff's born July 1, 2008... There are 3 boys and 2 girls... Is there anything you could do to help them?

You can view the list at: There are mostly all small dogs this is in WI this weekend click on the web above for information

http://www.horststa blesauctions. com/Dogcatalog. html This is for the breeds that will be there

PLEASE FORWARD

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oh wow... this is just so sad. I'm no where near WI. Is anyone near, maybe someone could go pull a bunch of these dogs and we could do dog trains and get them into adoptive or foster homes else where. I would be willing to foster (may adopt some) but I'm not near at all. I see one of the chi girls is pregnant as well, bred to a yorkie...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh that just makes me sick to my stomach. All those dogs being sold at an auction to the highest bidder. Probably to be used for breeding at a puppy mill. How SAD. This should be illegal! But I guess as long as pet stores offer $2,000 puppies and people buy them - they will exist. :(

Brodysmom

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Exactly. The thing I don't get is why people BUY these $2000 puppies at the stores. Most reputable breeders, or even just small family (NOT BYB) who don't breed a lot, charge a LOT less. If people took the time to look they could get a healthier dog for a lot less. It is so STUPID.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I got Paco from a pet that was breed with another chi, just a family pet. Paco was sold to someone else and they were not taking good care of him so the women who own paco's mother got Paco back and gave him to me. I have had him for a little over a month and he is doing great. He is my Love. It is amazing how quickly you get attached to them. I went home for lunch today just to see him. He may not be a perfectly breed chi but he is my chi and I adore him. It is so sad that people treat animals the way they do. Dogs have feelings and feel pain just like we humans. Very sas and very sad for those dogs.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you do, maybe some of us on the forum could help. If we could get the dogs transported all over to different areas. Who knows.

I wonder how much these dogs are going to go for.
I hope at least some end up in good homes and not puppy mills. I really want to get that preggo girl out of there. I also noticed that it said one mother whelped her puppies on Feb-3. I REALLY hop that was a typo and they haven't already been taken away from her!!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
If you do, maybe some of us on the forum could help. If we could get the dogs transported all over to different areas. Who knows.
That would be great if I got sum help, But the enconmy the way it is, I wondering how much they will go for. But Since Im way over my limit as is on dogs...since I live in the city I could rescue a few if people are willing to help me rehome them or take them. Willing to travel!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I found a few youtube videos on the auctions in the WI. I didnt know this was going on. Im willing to travel a few states or meet half way! if people are really going to commit. I cant save these dogs and then they have no place to go. So if anyone is serious please let me know. My Husband and I are planning on going.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I can't physically go up there, but I could maybe donate for their purchase and care?? I'm sure there are lots of ways we could all help in some way? Poor Poor things.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
There was an inside report some time ago that went into the auctions with cameras hidden to show how awful these places were. Alot of dogs looked diseased and were not well cared for :-( Def, puppymill puppies. I cant even imagine what will happen to the pups that do not get bid on:-( Do be careful if someone goes in and tries to save some as you do not know what type of diseases or illnesses they may have that you could pass on to your own babies :-(

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
There was an inside report some time ago that went into the auctions with cameras hidden to show how awful these places were. Alot of dogs looked diseased and were not well cared for :-( Def, puppymill puppies. I cant even imagine what will happen to the pups that do not get bid on:-( Do be careful if someone goes in and tries to save some as you do not know what type of diseases or illnesses they may have that you could pass on to your own babies :-(
Thats What im worried about as well, But I do want to try and save at least one. That is my goal. I will quaratine the dog and take it to my vet to see if its ok to be adopted out.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Well was there another way you intended for us to help? Like do you have another rescue group you know that goes to pull them that we could donate money to or anything of the sort maybe since you were the one who posted, from your other group. Or did someone on the other group know of another way to help?

I think it's obvious from "the catalog" that they are all puppy mill dogs. Especially since they state if they have whelped or are "proven" or whatever.
I really want to save that poor pregnant girl! And her house mate, the b/w male. It says they are both housebroken so they might come from some crappy home breeder, or its a lie. I don't want those poor puppies not getting care. I'm trying to figure out a way that I could get closer to take some or something. Right now I'm in canada, in Montreal. And I will be back in NYC soon. But both are a good 18-20 hours from the site of the auction I believe. And I don't have a car right now :/

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well was there another way you intended for us to help? Like do you have another rescue group you know that goes to pull them that we could donate money to or anything of the sort maybe since you were the one who posted, from your other group. Or did someone on the other group know of another way to help?

I think it's obvious from "the catalog" that they are all puppy mill dogs. Especially since they state if they have whelped or are "proven" or whatever.
I really want to save that poor pregnant girl! And her house mate, the b/w male. It says they are both housebroken so they might come from some crappy home breeder, or its a lie. I don't want those poor puppies not getting care. I'm trying to figure out a way that I could get closer to take some or something. Right now I'm in canada, in Montreal. And I will be back in NYC soon. But both are a good 18-20 hours from the site of the auction I believe. And I don't have a car right now :/
Actually this did not come from a rescue board. The only thing that I wrote in was at the top where I said "this came from another board" All of the post was from the OP at the other board ;-) I basically wanted to make people in the area aware that these happen and are going on. The one's I have seen on video take alot to get into as they usually do not let just anyone in. I just posted the warning so if someone did go in and try to help they would do so with eyes wide open ;-) I think that people have tried to shut them down before but for some reason noone does anything about it? Ofcourse all of the states want to pass all of these laws to help get rid of the puppymills but yet this is right in front of there faces and noone does anything...its really sad:-(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oh I didn't mean your group was a rescue I meant maybe from the other board you knew of ways to help besides physically getting the dogs?

It sickens me that this type of thing, and puppy mills are legal....

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I hope I have no problems getting in, since I use to be a breeder. I can use that in a sense, tell them Im looking for dogs to add to my breeding stock. Plus I'll bring cash, no one can say no to cash.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts