Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Basically, Im starting to draw up the designs of beds. My main idea for the beds is that they are easy to clean and can be changed for a situation (so like in a car and there was limited space, you can take something off the bed and then create a different style of bed which will be able to fit in the space nicely).

Im planning on using soft and comfortable fabrics aswell as using alot of padding so its very cosy. Can I ask what sort of colours you like for a dog bed?

Depending on what they looked like, would you be interested in them? (Obviosuly when I've completed a few I can post photos on here and then someone can say if they want or if they want something added)
And what sort of pricing would you pay for a home made dog bed? (That ofc would be lovely and comfortable!)

Thankyou x

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
helllo. great idea!
Pink is a very good colour as is polka dots. Monkeys/balls are good for boys.
Deoending on the look of the bed etc will dwepend how much people pay x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh thankyou! :D

I might just go with the traditional colours to start with - we will see!

Anyone else got any ideas?

With the money wise, I just wanted an idea to see how much to spend etc etc etc.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have boys and girls, so I tend to go with greens in all shades (lime green-forest green!) and I also like dark neutrals for trims and things. :) I think they are classy, and have a wide audience. Good luck! That's a big project you're taking on! Can't wait for pictures.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It depends on the type of bed, pawprints & animal designs are always popular as are pinks/purples for girls and brown/blue/greens for boys.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou! :hello1:

Its just to create abit more money for me really. Thought I would have a go at it anyway! haha

·
Registered
852 Posts
What I look for in a dog bed:

Sturdy - Beds here have a habit of lasting a day or two :( I paid £28 for one the other day and threw it away a week later!

Comfy - My Chi's love cushioning!

Washable - If it has an outer cover, it has to be removable so that it can be washed.

As far as colours go, to lean towards ones that match my living room lol so cream, brown or green. I don't really like busy patterns with cartoons or anything. I don't mind simple patterns or just solid colours.

Price-wise because the beds dont tend to last, I will only pay around £20-£25, but less if I can find a nice one lol.
I am considering a faux leather one thats around £30 to see if it'll last longer but for now I guess we're just making do!

Hope that helps a little :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been looking for a bed in HOT PINK and cannot find anything.Soo that would be great !!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If it helps at all, Ive been searching for the past 6 years for a royal purple one!

·
Registered
152 Posts
What I look for in a dog bed:

I don't really like busy patterns with cartoons or anything. I don't mind simple patterns or just solid colours.
Yes, exactly the same here. I look for something that will compliment the colour scheme in my home, so I really don't like garish patterns or cartoon animals etc. Alfie has 2 beds in muted mink/beige/cream colours & patterns as these go well with our house. I am SUCH a fusspot about things matching and co-ordinating, it drives my husband mad. :D

I like very soft fluffy/fleecey linings and lots of padding. Also sides that are a good height to make it more cosy. One of his beds is an igloo and the other has quite high sides.

Here's pics, just in case I haven't explained myself very well.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Yes, exactly the same here. I look for something that will compliment the colour scheme in my home, so I really don't like garish patterns or cartoon animals etc. Alfie has 2 beds in muted mink/beige/cream colours & patterns as these go well with our house. I am SUCH a fusspot about things matching and co-ordinating, it drives my husband mad. :D

I like very soft fluffy/fleecey linings and lots of padding. Also sides that are a good height to make it more cosy. One of his beds is an igloo and the other has quite high sides.

Here's pics, just in case I haven't explained myself very well.

That last picture is adorable :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts