Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use paw protectors for cold weather? If so, what kind are the best and does your chi tolerate them?? I feel so terrible taking Prince out in this horrible Pittsburgh weather. I worry that the ground hurts his little toesies!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've used some for my sheltie once to protect her feet from the hot sun. She kept walking out of the back ones. lol......... Maybe I will try the Neopaws.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!! I will order some ASAP. I hope he doesnt hate them. I just worry about his paws. It's been soooo cold here!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Ooo I'll have to order some.
Carl was outside for like a minute the other day and he started lifting up his paws and he fell over and couldn't walk because his paws were frozen!
I had to run over to him and rescue him!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
No I dont, my dogs dont like to wear anything I could just imagaine the fun of trying to get booties on them. I think they are a good idea though.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I can see where dog booties would be a great idea for chi's up north. Their little feet would freeze fast in 20 degree or colder temps! Down here in Florida it wouldn't be such a great idea...plus my chi's would never leave them on. My younger chi can't stand anything on his feet! I think they look cute on chi's, though!

·
Registered
803 Posts
no i dnt use them! i dnt think mylo would like them, Alright for all you in america dog clothes and booties etc are all in, and its in the norm, but in the uk its not really hitting off! people always stare like "oh god look at his tshirt" wen i take mylo out, so i would dred to think wat they would say with booties on lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was only looking for the warmth, not a fashion statement! Only because it gets very cold here, and Prince doesn't tolerate it very well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sam85 said:
no i dnt use them! i dnt think mylo would like them, Alright for all you in america dog clothes and booties etc are all in, and its in the norm, but in the uk its not really hitting off! people always stare like "oh god look at his tshirt" wen i take mylo out, so i would dred to think wat they would say with booties on lol.
I hate the stupid comments too but I think if anyone said anything to me about putting sweaters or boots on my pups, I'd tell them to go walk around in the snow in their bare feet and see how they like it.

Sometimes dogs are dressed for looks, mine are always dressed because they are cold. They wear sweaters all winter and are naked most of the summer. The boots are only if there's too much snow in our backyard.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree. I would never just put clothes on for a fashion statement because I know how much my baby dislikes wearing clothes. I definitely do it because my vet recommends it in cold weather, and my baby is tiny, so she gets cold easily. Some people just need to mind their own business. If they wouldn't go outside naked in the cold weather, why should dogs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts