Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What breeds (or even types of Chi) would you like to own before you are too old and creaky to walk a dog??:D
Mine include;
Mini Daschund (all 3 types!)
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chinese Crested (powder puff and hairless)
Bassett Hound.

Chi's- would like a LH girl and a SH boy so oppisite of what I have now!!
I love lots of other breeds but those are the one's I def want to own.:)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Always a L/ Chi .because when i can't walk properly or i'm in a OAP home (daughters probably got my name down already) they are easy to pick up,and will fit nicely on my motorized wheelchair,we can zoom off no trouble.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If I had it my way I'd own at least one of each breed. I truly love all breeds. I went with the Chi breed because they are so easily portable, and that's what fit our lifestyle. And of course fell head over heels for the breed, and now I have 4. :lol: I would like a little LC Chi, but 5 is too many for me. So I'll just look at everyone else’s. :D

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I can only think of Smooth coat Chi..... love them to bits!
I have had one all of my 56 yrs(well minus 8 yrs old when I got my first one)
there will be no other kind for me..... I'm am probably on my last CHI in my lifetime..... and I am sad to know this..... although I am starting to think about owning 2 at the same time...... never done this before so its on my 'bucket list' lol

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
My feeling is that Stella and Joie are probably looking at around 5 years
(hopefully more) of life. Mateo and Lola have 13 or more years.

I'm thinking my next dogs will all be rescues, and probably older ones who might not get rescued otherwise.

Stella is the most remarkable dog I've known, and 99% of people would have walked right past in the shelter because they were there for a puppy.

It's sad that there were dogs of her age and even older in the shelter when I got her.

So, no more pups for me - so my choices will probably be a bit of a surprise LOL.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Lots of Siberian huskies!
Tamaskans definitely.
Maybe an Akita, gorgeous dogs but larger than is probably healthy for me to handle.

I'm more of a big dog person but if I had to go for smaller breeds then:
Alaskan Klee Kais
Pomeranian
Shiba Inu

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I have owned just about every breed of dog I've wanted to. I have had probably close to 80 dogs in my life. One dog I would love to get again is a Basenji. I just don't know how good it would be with my cats and the chis as they have a huge prey instinct.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I think it's probably chihuahua's for me from here on out if I get another dog. Or possibly another small breed. I don't have a very big house and I just prefer smaller dogs. That said, I've had dogs and cats (and other little furry critters) all my life and I love all breeds. I would love to have bunches of animals if I could. I am just an animal lover, full stop. :)

I'm thinking my next dogs will all be rescues, and probably older ones who might not get rescued otherwise. Stella is the most remarkable dog I've known, and 99% of people would have walked right past in the shelter because they were there for a puppy.
It's sad that there were dogs of her age and even older in the shelter when I got her. .
So true, I feel this way as well. I always want to help the ones in need. There are some truly amazing dogs in rescue that, given the chance, turn out to be amazing pets. If I do get another dog, it'll be from rescue again. From my experience there is just something a little extra special about rescue dogs. Maybe they just need you more, I'm not sure. I have nothing at all against breeders, mind you, (just backyard ones, urgh) a good breeder is a great thing, but rescue is where my heart is at.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I like:
Chihuahuas long and smooth - already own 4, but i want 1 or 2 more
Cavaliers - currently have 1 but have owned 3 in my life so far, i would like another because they are such sweet loving dogs
I would like 2 or 3 huskies
1 dane, st bernard or newfoundland (either one of those breeds, not really bothered much about which one)
1 or 2 Alaskan Klee Kais

ermm the list just goes on and on really haha

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I love Boston Terriers but I really think I'm a Chi girl in this lifetime. ;)

So with that in mind I'd love to someday own:

Chocolate Tricolor SC (or LC but I think I'd prefer a SC in chocolate)
Blue merle with tricolor markings (blaze, tan eyebrows, etc) LC or SC - not picky there
Blue w/tan markings or a Blue Tri LC

Can't tell blue & chocolate are my colors of choice right? LOL And I may want to show someday when my daughters are grown...maybe. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I have had a rough collie which i wanted since a kid, the huskies and now the chi's.
I always fancied a Doberman, but my man was always against this.
Before deciding on a chi i looked into Pomeranians too.
I would love a LC chi some day, and i too would love to rescue from the shelter here.
Hopefully i have many many more years with the huskies and the chi's we have now though.
But i do think the next dog i own will be a LC boy, not for a while yet mind you. xx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Def another LC chi female white, choc tri or light cream,
Id love a golden retriever if i were to get a big breed,
and would like a pug and a pomeranian at some point!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Another Pit Bull(DEF running our for a new pup when this awful ban is lifted!!!!), Shiba Inu, Isabella Dobe(had a female once, but she didnt work out in our home :( )

And LC Chi's! That's it for me, although i adore all breeds!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts