Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering what some good dog car seats are?

And whether there are any made for 2-3 dogs? I'm assuming it must have a place to attach multiple harnesses so a large single seat wouldn't work for two? And do they come with harnesses or do you use your own harnesses?

I'd like to have one seat for my two yorkies, and one seat for my two maltese and my future chi.

ETA: would either of these hold 3-4 small dogs?

Snoozer Pet Car Safety System - Snoozer Pet Car Seats - Dog Car Seats - Medium size

Large Lookout Pet Car Seat - Snoozer Pet Car Seats - Dog Car Seats

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i got a lookout snoozer for Minnie and Tootsie. it fits the 2 of them with plenty of room for them to be real comfy. ( minnie is not quite 5 pounds, tootsie around 9 pounds )
i think it was the medium size. The large size is very large, i didnt have enough room in my car, i just had a small sportscar at the time, so wouldnt fit.
i love the snoozer, would definitely recommend it. i got mine from Petsmart.com. they usually offer free shipping and there could be some extra discount sales going on. i really liked ordering from them cause if you get it and are not happy with it, you can just return it to the Petsmart store near you.
i think that medium size came with one safety belt that attatches to your dogs harness. the large size i think comes with 2. but i think you can order a second one if you want, if not from Petsmart, then from a different site , i know i saw that they sold them seperately.

i got minnie and tootsie when they were pupppies and got them used to the snoozer when they were young.
i got my yorkie when she was 2 years old and she's never been used to something like that. she does much better traveling in her pet carrier. ( one of those hard plastic ones )
so, just a suggestion. you could try it out and if your not happy return it to the petsmart if you arent happy :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :)

Hmm I'm really not sure which to choose. I need a visual I think. I have 2 seats that are empty in the mini van (assuming all the dogs and family will be going somewhere at once), neither are that big so I'm not sure if they'll fit medium/large size seats...

With my yorkies, Riley is 6-ish lbs and Teddy is 8-ish lbs. They would be in the same dog seat.

With my Maltese, Cody is 4-ish lbs and Link 5-ish. My future chi I hope to be 3-4 lbs. And they will all be in the same dog seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts