Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The amount of dog stuff that has accumulated around my house from having two little fur babies is crazy! They already have an overflowing toy box, three cabinets filled with treats/toys, a drawer full of clothes, a shelf of jackets, a shelf of bandanas/collars/leashes, plus two giant food bags! This is all over the house - not in one spot. Of course, I'm going to leave the food and toys (the favorites at least) out where they are, but I'd like for everything else to have a certain spot. I'd love to have a dog room, but we're on a year lease in a townhouse and that just isn't possible (maybe next year, when we buy our own place!). I was thinking that maybe, just maybe I could make a "Doggie Dresser" out of the small, old dresser that we have lying around. Ya know, have a pole to hang Ote's clothes on, a couple hooks on the outside to hang leashes, and some nice organized drawers for toys, treats, and everything else! I got the idea off of Pinterest from someone who converted a dresser into a children's wardrobe.

Think that, but with another drawer area, less hanging space (not needed for those tiny little Chi outfits!) and a variety of hooks/hanging space on the outer sides. What do you all think? Anyone done anything similar? Doesn't look too hard, I'll be sure to post pictures of my progress! LOL

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
wow!!! now that is amazin :) i always wanted a doggy wardrobe but i have no space whatsoever in my room LOL :lol: how lucky is ur pups! :D

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh yes it is a fabulous idea! Gucci and her hubby made a pink dresser for their 3
pups, it turned out gorgeous. Not sure where that thread went, it was a month
or so ago. If you make one please post pics!!! :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my gosh, those are some spoiled pups! LOL. My dresser will not be near to that filled, but that's alright! Hers turned out wonderfully. Oh, I'm so excited to get started!!! I just saw while looking on eBay for "dog clothes hangers" someone who made a dresser with the bottom as a bed! How cute! Not sure if I'm that ambitious though, LOL

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Good luck Aly! Can't wait to see the end result.
I'm using half of my own dresser for the pups' clothes. :rolleyes:
Maybe one of these days I'll get hubby to help me make one too.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That dresser is super cute! It is a great idea to reuse a piece of furniture. Do you have something you can use or will you have to find a piece? It would be interesting to see a before and after picture.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That's really cute and a fabulous idea! Like you, all my dog stuff is scattered everywhere and their clothes are in a plastic bin under our bed. And I have 3 chihuahuas so I've accumulated a lot of stuff! I'm going to have to see if we can make something like that! Great job you did!:D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That dresser is super cute! It is a great idea to reuse a piece of furniture. Do you have something you can use or will you have to find a piece? It would be interesting to see a before and after picture.
Well I thought that I had an old "tall" dresser (it's small too, it'd be perfect!) but supposedly my brother-in-law that lives with my boyfriend & I, decided to use it for himself. I'm going to try talking him into giving it up! ;) LOL

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's really cute and a fabulous idea! Like you, all my dog stuff is scattered everywhere and their clothes are in a plastic bin under our bed. And I have 3 chihuahuas so I've accumulated a lot of stuff! I'm going to have to see if we can make something like that! Great job you did!:D
I bet you have a ton lying around! I know I have two pups and there is stuff everywhere. That isn't the dresser that I made - I'm still working on gathering everything to create one. That was just the "inspiration" dresser - I hope mine looks that nice!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered these last night to use as hooks on the outside of the dresser (like, where the mirror is on the dresser pictured). I got one in pink (for princess Ote) and one in blue (for the handsome man, Mojo)!

I'm thinking I'm going to paint the background area (yellow on the "inspiration" dresser) pink and then put bright blue stripes along. I think that will look very fun! The dresser will be in my room - which is tie dye and peace sign central, and the pink/blue will go great!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It will be interresting to see the finished product. All my pups' clothes are in a pile on a shelf in the cupboard. I can never find what I am looking for.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I bet you have a ton lying around! I know I have two pups and there is stuff everywhere. That isn't the dresser that I made - I'm still working on gathering everything to create one. That was just the "inspiration" dresser - I hope mine looks that nice!
:noops:Oops! Very pretty inspiration! I'm trying to get my husband to make me one. He has the tools to make one but just doesn't have the time.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:noops:Oops! Very pretty inspiration! I'm trying to get my husband to make me one. He has the tools to make one but just doesn't have the time.
I'm having my dad help me (I'm about to bring the dresser over to my parents' house right now!), but I'm sure he'll be busy with a million other things as well. I'm going to try to do as much as possible by my self. I'm planning on doing a tutorial - so I can lead all the ladies through the process of converting the dresser on here who want to make a pup closet! Seems like a ton of people are really interested in it, just don't have the help or the time.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh oh and then you can make a matching toy bin! How cute would that be? :p
What is it about spring that brings out all the creativity? lol :daisy:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

...oh and all those collars and harnesses too! Geeze, we sure do have a bunch of spoiled Chihuahuas! :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts