Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT NOT NOT!! BUY NATURE'S RECIPE VENISON AND RICE DOG FOOD!!!!!

I have a houseful of sick dogs, and the oldsters are doing especially poorly. My vet thinks it may be salmonella. The ONLY common connection is I bought three bags of this stuff, and when I filled their storage container with that, they all got sick to some degree. I was afraid I was going to loose my Boo Bear (Rebel). I already tossed the bag, so I don't have a lot number or anything to help narrow it down. Just be aware!!!

I copied this off somebody who's Shelties are very ill ,and one has died already

·
Registered
689 Posts
Omg that's terrible. Hope the other dogs are ok :( poor things. It's so sad that someone has lost their dog by feeding what they probably thought was good food x

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Oh Michelle. .I'm so sorry this happened. ..this is juzt horrible. I will keep you and your pups in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
OMG! So sorry your babies are ill!

How are we supposed to know these things! We get the email alerts, but it's awful that someone's precious pup has to get ill or die first! I guess they don't test every batch of dog food! They probably should be!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oh no! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know this is a very old post.
But strangely many years ago I would buy Nature's Recipe easy to digest chicken with pumpkin. This was the only food I had found that would not constipate Buddy Bear. He and all my dogs were on it for a while. I don't know what it was but he can now eat all different kibbles and doesn't get constipated. Anyways I once bought the "venison" because it was on sale and I decided to only give it to Sunshine. The 1st day she puked it up. And never gave it to her again. I always thought it was because she couldn't handle venison so I stay away from that protein for all my dogs. She had no other symptoms so I doubt it was a "bad bag" but it reminded me of that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So sorry about that. And thank you for letting us all know. What is the country of origin of the food? These days you just don't know what pet food to trust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts