Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought a new bag of dog food. I decided on Pure Balance Salmon and Pea grain free. For Jr and see how he does on it.
Authority finally made a new grain free dog food fish and potato. I really wanted to try it but it has dried egg product and Jr doesn't do well when I cook him an egg. But I did make treats with a whole egg and he was just fine. But he's never eaten a dog food with any type of egg.
They are all close to protein and fiber percentages.
I will see how he does on the Pure Balance and then maybe buy another bag depending how he does on it.
Then I'll buy a bag of his "regular" food.
Then maybe I'll try the fish after that.
I know there's no way to know if the egg in the kibble would do bad but I'm not sure if I should try it.
I guess only time will tell but I also wanted to sorta keep a "diary" though to see how he does.

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally forgot about that to just put a tablespoon at a time. Make it a very slow transition.

I also was gonna make a post on that. But I wasn't aware it being specifically peas. I kinda regret buying the kibble now. But his regular kibble has no peas and neither does the other one I plan on buying so I guess a bag can't be "too bad"
I'm wondering what I would seriously do because Jr needs grain free and it be hard to find and afford a non grain free 5 star dog food that would work for him.

Susan are you considering switching your dogs off grain free?
I'm hoping it's not true on the "hype" as I really don't know what I'd do.

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know that about higher quality kibble. I'll probably look into HALO.

Is the price different that much between the grain free and not grain free? I thought the difference wasn't too much. But if your dogs are doing well you should stick with it.
If I do switch completely off of grain free I'll maybe try the Pure Balance with rice 1st.

Do you think they'll say if it's true? Or it'll just be all opinions and bs?

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I started the Pure Balance kibble on Friday with Jr and this morning (Saturday) with Jojo.

But I'm thinking why don't I switch Jojo to what Sunshine and Buddy Bear are eating. He's never needed grain free, but back then I wanted them on the same food so they all ate grain free because of Jr.
Sunshine was suddenly vomiting and the vet couldn't find a "reason" so I switched her to Purina Pro Plan Sensitive and she does good with it. And shortly after Buddy Bear was also off the grain free food and put on puppy food afterwards I put him on what Sunshine was eating because it had a higher calorie per cup which he's also doing fine.
So now I'm wondering if I should just switch jojo to what there eating. I did give him about a teaspoon of the "new food" this morning but I'm sure he'd be fine if I slowly switch him to the Purina Pro Plan.
I'm really not sure what I should do. Because nothing is wrong with what he's eating and I also don't want to "fix something that's not broken" or change if he's doing fine on grain free.
If anything I'd like to try one day putting them all again on grain free. But my mom is hesitant to as Sunshine is doing well on what she's eating. Buddy Bear on the other hand can get put back on the grain free kibble and would be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts