Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.Im new to this.I need a bit of advice.We brought a blue chihuahua 10 months ago for our daughter after sadly losing our beloved dog.Everything has been perfect with our new dog Gigi till 3 weeks ago.She lost appetite for any food we gave her.Thought she had gone of her dry food she had always loved so tried wet food but went off that too.Vet said nothing wrong with her might just be fussy.We have had to start hand feeding her and near enough make her eat.She is playing and acting normal apart from eating.tried everything now and its getting stressful.Any body got any suggestions ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could mash her dog food and put it in a syringe without the needle or a dropper and give that to her. You could also buy canned dog food like urgent care since canned tastes way way better than solid and hopefully she will get used to eating and gain her appetite back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could mash her dog food and put it in a syringe without the needle or a dropper and give that to her. You could also buy canned dog food like urgent care since canned tastes way way better than solid and hopefully she will get used to eating and gain her appetite back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all.Im new to this.I need a bit of advice.We brought a blue chihuahua 10 months ago for our daughter after sadly losing our beloved dog.Everything has been perfect with our new dog Gigi till 3 weeks ago.She lost appetite for any food we gave her.Thought she had gone of her dry food she had always loved so tried wet food but went off that too.Vet said nothing wrong with her might just be fussy.We have had to start hand feeding her and near enough make her eat.She is playing and acting normal apart from eating.tried everything now and its getting stressful.Any body got any suggestions ??
Have you tried cooking chicken in a crock pot? I have a Blue Sable Chihuahua that will only eat chicken because that is all she was fed by her previous owner/raiser, so I put chicken stock in a crock pot and cook chicken breasts in that and she just loves it and I have no problems feeding her. This is a sure thing when the dog smells that chicken cooking they can't wait to taste the smell. Try it and hope it works for you. I only use chicken breasts because they are more leaner and less work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts