Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is 1/2 chih, 1/2 terrier..I believe, all of a sudden whenever I call her she walks over to me like with a hump back type walk like she does whenever she did something wrong and she walks over to me and pees ever single time..thankfully I have hardwood floors in the living room area.. she seems to be nervous or even scared of me :confused: how can I get her back to being herself when I first got her??? :confused:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She could be submissive, sometimes this comes out more as they age. Or someone could have scared/hurt her when they called her over to them and now she does that. I have one very confident otherwise well adjusted but he does the sort of crunched up approach when called over to us. I think its cute and endearing, and its just how he is.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
lots more praise, talk in a very happy voice, don't stoop when you call her as this may scare her, instead bend from the knees, positive body language, when she crawls to you keep making a fuss until she relaxes aand stands nicely, no arched back etc and fuss for a bit longer while she is more confident.

My little lad Red will tuck his tail in and walk with his tummy to the floor like he has been told off, he also goes catatonic.

He loves to be cuddled so I often cuddle him especially when I am on the sofa and I make sure everytime I interact with him its in a positive way.

Insecurity and lack of confidence is hard to overcome and over time it will get better but there will always be some there.

Deme x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts