Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think cosmo 's going through puberty :?
he can be so harsh to paris , react really over the top...
when they sleep with me in bed and paris or vienna move ,he begins growling ........i hope it 's just his homones ..... :?
will this be better when he's castrated or is this becoming his character?
he never growls at me , i can flip him on his back and the vet says he's a good dog !! but he doesn't like children at all !!! he growls when they want to pet him . to me he's just a sweet loverboy :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
dog puberty...hehehe

:lol:

Gizmo is starting to hump this fuzzy blue blanket...and he just recently barked at the neighbor because he turned on a pressure cleaner...it was 3 barks...but it was funny...he's not mute!

I think they do hit some kind of puberty/hormonal stage 'cuz Giz if I tell him "Quiet" He'll whine under his breath and look at me and bark, as if he's saying "try to make me" but he submits after a little bit and grumbles under his breath...really funny

Oh and his testicles dropped 3 weeks ago, I thought that was a bit early..but I think that explains his new "humping scenario" :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Puberty ? :lol: Well, I guess it is possible - why not?
Have you tried having Cosmo around children some? Maybe if you tried on a regular type basis, closely supervised of course, he would eventually accept children? I don't really know - I'm certainly no expert.

I do know that my last rescue chi absolutely did not like men, and no matter how I tried, she never got over that. The only man she ever accepted and really liked was my son-in-law. According to him, she just had good taste in men. :lol:

This is why I have been taking Jasmine to the soccer games at the YMCA on Saturdays, and every other outing I can. I really want her to like people and other dogs, and not be "nippy" with people. So far, she is doing great.

Hopefully, it is just hormones and puberty -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts