Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back with photos :D I havnt posted in a little while, been really busy with the crazy chis! It's been such fun, watching them play and suss eachother out.
They are just about used to eachother now which is good. Millie has taken to them really well overall she's just much happier in general and so I am happy too. I took millie and Gucci to their first ringcraft class on Wednesday night and to another one on Friday.
They both did really well and it was good fun. I will need to get some show leads though as the leads I took weren't the correct ones.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a nice show lead?

I weighed them all today and they are all progressing healthily.
As for house/potty training they are doing great, obviously we have had a few accidents although it hasn't been that bad considering there is three puppies running around!
Also pixie and darcy had their second injections on Thursday.. I was surprised because Darcy was really brave and didn't cry (she is the most timid out of the group) and pixie cried loads (she's very outgoing and enjoys a play fight) so was surprised to see how they reacted!
Also I had a question about play fighting, so when they play fight I'm not totally sure how to go about it? Because some say you should stop it incase they fight when they are older and other says leave them be as its natural and will grow out of it? I just don't want to have issues of them fighting in an aggressive way when they are older, like at the moment it's only play fighting but I'm not sure what it could progress to?

So does anyone have any advice on how to treat this behaviour?

We went to a dog show today it was great! The dogs came along and had a great time. It was amazing seeing all the chis competing and it was a lovely sunny day.

Gucci with her daddy

My friends Pomeranian called Katy got a first place

I found a really nice doggie boutique yesterday, I got a lovely chrome bones dog bowl. It's the mojave tan and blue limited bowl of anyone likes it :)

New toy box

Pixie fast asleep

Darcy loves the fur throw

Millie in her new bed because the puppies stole hers haha...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Raising the hackles is a sign of arousal, it has nothing to do with aggression (although a dog would be in a very aroused state if it was at the point of acting aggressively)
When you have multiple dogs it is important to monitor all play, and make sure everyone is having a good time. Some dogs will get bolshy and push others around, it is vital to watch the reaction of the dog being pushed around in these situations.
As an adult, Millie should be teaching the puppies good manners, and putting a stop to any unwanted behaviours during play.
Play is very complex in dogs, they show a huge range of behaviours. as long as everyone is happy and no-one is getting hurt leave them to it, but watch the body language.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raising the hackles is a sign of arousal, it has nothing to do with aggression (although a dog would be in a very aroused state if it was at the point of acting aggressively)
When you have multiple dogs it is important to monitor all play, and make sure everyone is having a good time. Some dogs will get bolshy and push others around, it is vital to watch the reaction of the dog being pushed around in these situations.
As an adult, Millie should be teaching the puppies good manners, and putting a stop to any unwanted behaviours during play.
Play is very complex in dogs, they show a huge range of behaviours. as long as everyone is happy and no-one is getting hurt leave them to it, but watch the body language.
I will Thankyou so much :)

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
756 Posts
Awww how cute is Gucci looking!! Lovely lady. Love your friends Pom too 😍
And as play fighting goes I agree with Stella its totally normal, you should see pablo and Neeva play fighting the noises they make are hilarious. But if pablo gets fed up he lets her know which is good and she listens! They tire each other out so keeps mummy happy! They'll sort things out among themselves it's totally natural.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww how cute is Gucci looking!! Lovely lady. Love your friends Pom too 😍
And as play fighting goes I agree with Stella its totally normal, you should see pablo and Neeva play fighting the noises they make are hilarious. But if pablo gets fed up he lets her know which is good and she listens! They tire each other out so keeps mummy happy! They'll sort things out among themselves it's totally natural.
The Pomeranians are gorgeous, I would love one maybe in a couple of years I will get one and Thankyou hun I just sometimes get scared someone's going to get hurt. It is funny watching them fight, some of the things they do is hilarious Darcy is a proper wimp bless her!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My pups are 3 years old and still play fight with each other. I've noticed the way Chihuahuas play fight verses other dogs is much different. I notice the way Perse tries to play fight with bigger dogs it actually looks like aggressive behaviour to the bigger dog, whereas to another Chihuahua they get right into play fighting or wrestling as I call it lol.

Just be careful with them trying to play fight with bigger dogs or dogs of other breeds as other breeds might not think about it as playing since they are so small. Your own pups though, they'll likely play fight even when they're older and it wont become aggressive if in the earlier stages (now) they aren't being aggressive with one another.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Such cute pics! They are all such darlings, but there is just something about that cute little Pixie, I just want to come put her in my pocket and be gone!! Looks like you had a nice time!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My pups are 3 years old and still play fight with each other. I've noticed the way Chihuahuas play fight verses other dogs is much different. I notice the way Perse tries to play fight with bigger dogs it actually looks like aggressive behaviour to the bigger dog, whereas to another Chihuahua they get right into play fighting or wrestling as I call it lol.

Just be careful with them trying to play fight with bigger dogs or dogs of other breeds as other breeds might not think about it as playing since they are so small. Your own pups though, they'll likely play fight even when they're older and it wont become aggressive if in the earlier stages (now) they aren't being aggressive with one another.
Yeah we call it wrestling too haha! Millie's favourite is the chokehold, Curtis finds it hilarious. I am always super careful around other people's dogs I am abit of a nervous wreck to be honest but I suppose you can never be too careful.
Thanks for the advice Hun :)

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Such cute pics! They are all such darlings, but there is just something about that cute little Pixie, I just want to come put her in my pocket and be gone!! Looks like you had a nice time!
Thank you! Pixie is stunning, you would love her. She's so friendly she attacks me with kisses all day! You should get a solid black one for little corona :) it was a lovely day, we all enjoyed it the dogs were exhausted when we got home they had never seen that many dogs in their lives bless them!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Very nice pics Jessica. All of the dogs are looking so lovely. It's nice to hear how happy Millie is to have siblings.
As for the play fighting I agree with the others. It's perfectly normal. Sit back and enjoy! Unless it gets to rough.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice pics Jessica. All of the dogs are looking so lovely. It's nice to hear how happy Millie is to have siblings.
As for the play fighting I agree with the others. It's perfectly normal. Sit back and enjoy! Unless it gets to rough.
Thankyou babe, I want to see some new photos of your babies missing them! Thanks for the advice too I always feel better hearing from people with chihuahuas because some people i have spoke to are like 'omg why are they fighting like that that's not right' and causing me to worry so I'm confident now that's this is totally normal :)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thankyou babe, I want to see some new photos of your babies missing them! Thanks for the advice too I always feel better hearing from people with chihuahuas because some people i have spoke to are like 'omg why are they fighting like that that's not right' and causing me to worry so I'm confident now that's this is totally normal :)

Thanks sweetie! I should get some pics up of the pups soon. We've just gotten a couple new packages in of fall things for the entire crew. And they all look so cute in everything. I wasn't expecting my doggie couture shop order until a bit closer to Bailey's birthday this month. So glad I got it sooner.
Do you think you'll dress all of your girls? It'd be so cool if they all end up around the same size, that way they can share clothes. Have you heard back about your SL harness? Did you end up changing the size to xxs?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Btw love Chromebones! That designer has been a fave of mine for many years. I love the collars. They are crazy expensive though. I also love their carriers. I never got around to ordering a single thing by this make. How awesome that you found another pet store. You'll have to snap a couple pics of the inside next time. I love dog boutiques 😍😍

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Gucci is such a stunning beauty! Looks like she has an adorable personality too.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Play fighting is a very normal, healthy behavior!

Separate them a few seconds if they get carried away. No biting and holding for more than a few seconds, no yanking too hard on other pups ears/tails/paws/hair, no biting collars, if they pin one down it's only for a few seconds, etc. Otherwise, let them have at it!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I really like the Resco Coro-Hyde show leads with brass fastener. You can get these on Amazon. I also have a couple more fancy beaded toy leads that I've bought at shows. You can't beat the Resco's for starting them out though.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thankyou babe, I want to see some new photos of your babies missing them! Thanks for the advice too I always feel better hearing from people with chihuahuas because some people i have spoke to are like 'omg why are they fighting like that that's not right' and causing me to worry so I'm confident now that's this is totally normal

Thanks sweetie! I should get some pics up of the pups soon. We've just gotten a couple new packages in of fall things for the entire crew. And they all look so cute in everything. I wasn't expecting my doggie couture shop order until a bit closer to Bailey's birthday this month. So glad I got it sooner.
Do you think you'll dress all of your girls? It'd be so cool if they all end up around the same size, that way they can share clothes. Have you heard back about your SL harness? Did you end up changing the size to xxs?
Can't wait to see your new packages! I added some clothes to my Susan lanci order so maybe that's why it's taking so long. The girl was really nice and helpful though :) I asked the girl about the size and she said she would check with the designer and change it if necessary so she may have changed it. I'm excited since it's my first Susan lanci!
I will definitely dress them all, I just want to wait until they are fully grown to get things because I don't want them to grow out of things within weeks. I'm hoping they are all about Millie's size they are charted to be smaller than millie but this may not be the case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts