Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do ya'll think of Dog Shows for CHihuahua's? If you do dog shows, how long did it take you to train your baby and what are dog shows like?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Find some in your area ( you can find shows listed for your part of the country on the web) and go watch and talk to the people showing chi's. It isn't hard to train them toshow but you have to be dedicated and consistant and willing to put in lots of hours going to various shows. There are training shows in most areas that teach people how to show their dog.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't show my chi but I do show my Aussie. I've been showing for two years now. First contact your local kennel club and find out if they offer conformation classes. I learned a lot from mine. I also had my dog's breeder as a mentor and she showed me how to groom and helped me with the same kind of things I learned from conformation class but it's nice to have somebody teach you that shows the same breed. Go to shows and watch and ask questions, but not when they are waiting to go into the ring, they are too busy concentrating on the show and listening to the judge. Get a book on conformation and learn as much as you can :read2: Once you do all of that, you've got the basics down and you're ready to enter your first show! You'll learn even more through experience. Go for it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!! I haven't got a chi yet but I thought showing would be a fun thing to do if and when I get my chi. Thanks for all the help. I love aussie's by the way. They are gorgeous!!!!!

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
hiya i show my chi jacob and am hoping to show my new pups i go to a ring craft in my area twice a week the more you practice the more you learn and to be honest its great fun me and jacob are having a great time doing it and have entered lots of shows only prob you mite have is ITS ADDICTIVE ha ha its so much fun i cant stop now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts