Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on gmtv this morning they wheere talking about dog theft and how it is the fastest growing crime in britain and one couple had their dog stolen at gunpoint. here is the link if anyone wants to read about it. http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=15313point
i was also wonderin if anyone is or has been a volunteer for the rspca as i am doing my work experience there in a couple of weeks and was wondering what to expect.
thank you
xxx

·
Registered
151 Posts
It happens here in the states quite a bit. Dogs are stolen right out of their yards..some end up in testing labs..these labs will pay up to $100 for a large dog and $50 for a small one.

I for one never ever leave my dogs out on the lead in the yard..they are either with me or with my children. Too many things can happen. We have hawks that have swiped little dogs right off the ground...scary!! :shock:

Kim

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I saw gmtv too , does make you worry doesn't it :(

Not worked for the RSPCA , but do know a few people who do ,
Good luck with that I'm SURE you will do just fine :)

Sara :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
labtestedchi said:
It happens here in the states quite a bit. Dogs are stolen right out of their yards..some end up in testing labs..these labs will pay up to $100 for a large dog and $50 for a small one.

I for one never ever leave my dogs out on the lead in the yard..they are either with me or with my children. Too many things can happen. We have hawks that have swiped little dogs right off the ground...scary!! :shock:

Kim
little dogs are stolen out of yards to be used as "bait dogs" for fighting dog's. they usually ahve the fighter dog hooked up to the treadmill with some weights on it while the bait dog is in a cage just out of reach of the fighter and most of the time the fighter dog is given the bait animal (cat's small dogs ect) as reward. the world is sick.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
OMG...i can't IMAGINE that happening...but with the world becomming so sick and people being so greedy for money, they will do ANYTHING, even harm innocent animals. i seriously hope the people who do that get reincarnated into lab rats and get elecrtoshocked every day! then they'll know how it feels. :evil:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't even like to think about stuff like that it just makes me so sad and want to cry :cry: . I can't imagine hurting an animal the way some people do :x . They just refuse to realize that animals feel like people do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts