Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a hot pink dog stroller from a friend who was looking to get rid of it. At first, I was not quite sure if it would be a good fit for my Ote, but we went on a long walk with her in the stroller today and she LOVED it. Had her cuddling in a blanket with her bone. She loved to look out the mesh sides & stand up occasionally to look around. It is great! I plan on walking her around the boardwalk in it in the summer, but for now it's great for our daily walks. Much better than holding her!

So have any of you had any experience with a dog stroller? Like it or not like it? Where have you taken your pup in the stroller?

Depending on the weather, I think I'll be taking her on a stroll around the 3.5 mile walking park tomorrow. Very excited!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been contemplating getting one, so I'm curious about the responses that this post gets :)
Oh - one day having mine - and I'd definitely say it's worth it!! So much easier than carrying her once she's tired of walking. It will be great for summer on the boardwalk & through out door malls. I'm gonna take her on an even longer walk in it tomorrow. I definitely wouldn't pay too much for one though. The one I have retails at $65 - I got it from a friend though, in used but good condition. I like that it folds up and has all the "specials" that a child stroller would - cup holder, phone holder, and a mesh storage area. Hopefully the post gets a few more replies to help you make you decision!

This is the stroller I have -
Outward Hound Pet Stroller - Pink - KC00673 PINK - Carriers - ThePetOnline.com

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I had one for Olivia when she was younger. She loved to ride in it while we where out. We have a 4mile nature trail here and i still take it when we go there. They usually get tired of walking half way through and the stroller helps when they get tired or if their feet get cold or wet. They sit and look out like they are on a parade float :D
I'd say its worth it.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
yes, i have one. i've used it when i've gone away with the dogs. its great cause when i'm away , i want to take my dogs everywhere possible i can with me. so the stroller really comes in handy. it folds up so easy to store in the car. and when they get tired they can go to sleep in it. here's a pic of Minnie and Tootsie in there stroller :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Elaine - they are so cute! I'm so glad to hear that others take their pups places in strollers! I'm not the only one LOL!
lol, thank you! you are not the only one :) . but i do know there are alot of people on here also that would no way get one for there chis . there was an old thread about strollers. some love them , some dont

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm team don't haha

I just feel like at that point i've lost my dog and making her into something she's not, a human baby. I could get a sling or pop Bijoux in her carrier when she got tired of walking

Team carrier!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, thank you! you are not the only one :) . but i do know there are alot of people on here also that would no way get one for there chis . there was an old thread about strollers. some love them , some dont
I'm interested to hear what people will say! I think some people like to "make fun" of the strollers - but Chi's have little legs and can't walk as far as the big dogs!! One of my Bulldog's steps equals about three of Ote's steps, LOL. That means she gets tired out a LOT easier. I definitely think that she should know how to walk on a leash and be walked regularly, but for long walks and outings that she isn't too familiar with - the stroller will suit her perfectly.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm team don't haha

I just feel like at that point i've lost my dog and making her into something she's not, a human baby. I could get a sling or pop Bijoux in her carrier when she got tired of walking

Team carrier!
Oh my gosh - she is SO cute!! I love her markings and coloration. That's an interesting way to look at it. I would think that if it was only being walked around in a stroller and never given the chance to walk - but for long walks where the Chi gets tired and the "big dogs" are still going strong, a stroller or carrier is needed. I have a carrier for her, but she doesn't seem to like it too much. I basically have it for short outings and plane/car travel. I was looking into a sling, but it seemed sort of flimsy. What are your opinions on the sling? Worth it? Also - do you have one made of fabric or a sturdier fabric?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
just my opinion that i think you just dont get it if you think everyone that uses a stroller is making there dog into a human baby. has nothing to do with that.. it has to do with that it makes things alot easier for some people in certain situations :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have one (in pink!) and I love it!!!! I have 2 chis and it is not good for them, convenient for me or good for my back to try to cram them in a single carrier. I take them everywhere with me and the stroller is the perfect solution for crowded street fairs, when I have to stop by the mall on my way home from the barn, or any other event that would require me to have them in a carrier of some sort. My dogs get plenty of regular hikes and run around with me all day at the barn so it's not like they are couch potatoes stuck in a stroller.

Plus, they LOVE riding in it. I can barely get it open before they are leaping into it. They LOVE it! :)

Just in case no one thinks they get regular walks:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just my opinion that i think you just dont get it if you think everyone that uses a stroller is making there dog into a human baby. has nothing to do with that.. it has to do with that it makes things alot easier for some people in certain situations :)
Exactly! Very well said!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Oh my gosh - she is SO cute!! I love her markings and coloration. That's an interesting way to look at it.. What are your opinions on the sling? Worth it? Also - do you have one made of fabric or a sturdier fabric?
For Bijoux I have a sturdy carrier, I personally don't have a sling because I don't often have her in the carrier, but she does love it. I know of many members who use slings. Some chi's love riding in them because they get to stay closer to their mama's. I'm sure that if I were to get a stroller she would be in heaven, but it's just not for me.

Elaine: I think your right I understand the practicality of the stroller and it does make sense, but it's just not my style. I think it's one of those either you do or you don't kind of things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts