Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since Buster's passing and obtaining Cocoa..... the doggies no longer need to stay in just one room of the house.... they still have that room as the 'bathroom/toy/water/food' room but they can now roam all day thruout the house if they desire......at one time I had the webcam setup just in that one room....... now it is in my living room, pointed toward the couch/window, which is their favorite 'perch'.... I can now watch them all day(at work)...... or while traveling, on my Kindle..... :)

The webcam may be down after work hours or on the weekends.... today I am just trying it out and tweaking it.........

Chico and Cocoa Webcam

·
Registered
946 Posts
What a cool idea! I just looked but you are off line...I will check back....looking fwd to hearing how it goes! What kind of web cam is it? I have a 3G Kindle so I could probably do this too ( but what if I see something I don't like...hmmm, maybe I'm too neurotic for this--lol :))

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I will have to give it a try when we move into the new house. Right now, Diesel and Gracie are crated during the day - mainly because of Diesel being a pup, and Gracie being the love of his life, but Gracie is also a chewer, big time. Pedro is the only one who has free roam. He's never done anything wrong on his own.

But, when we move, since they're going to be alone for longer periods of time, I'm considering losing the crate and confining them to the dining room and kitchen area, so this would be great for me to have at work, and I've got Kindle, too...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
LOL Jan! This is fabulous!!! I see Cocoa hanging out on your couch in his bed. Looks like he's rooting around for something, maybe a toy or a treat? ;)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
WOW! Brilliant idea!
Too cool. :)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well, this webcam is run from an old laptop I no longer use... the laptop is connected to the webcam and and its also connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable to a router that is located in my computer room....... I havent' tried the Kindle yet...... hope I can watch them on it!

yea, they get excited when I come back from grocery shopping, they know there are treats to be had! lol

Cocoa is probably 'rootin' around to that bone I give them.... chico wasn't interested in his but Cocoa loves his...

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I'll be watching this all day!!! LOL

...can't get over how great, clever and cool this is! :p

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh lucky doggies got some treats!!!
...I feel like I'm stalking you now...haha

·
Registered
801 Posts
Haha...they just did a drive by!

They came running right up the ramp over the sofa
and out of the camera view lol. I love this!

1 - 20 of 156 Posts